I'm new! Question about '93 Notch

Hi! I'm a new member. I bought a '93 Royal Blue LX 5.0 Notch a few months ago. I have owned several Mustangs ('67 coupe, '87 GT convertible, and an '89 LX 5.0 Notch). I have a question about one of the codes on the data plate on the door. The TR (transmission) field indicates 2BOSS. I know '2' indicates a 5 speed transmission, but what does 'BOSS' mean? The car also has radio and air conditioner delete and manual windows and door locks. Any chance of this being a rare production car?

Comments

• Hi. Welcome. Actually, it is not the first time I have heard about 2BOSS. I wrote about 2BOSS last year around this time. It was and still is my theory that 2BOSS is just a combination of front and rear spring codes that coincides with a name that has significance in Mustang history.

That doesn't mean your car is not rare. I think it might very well be in a very small number of cars when considering the deleted and manual options that you mention.
  • John's right.....

TR 5 character value; First character indicates transmission type, characters 2-5 indicate spring type, Frt/Rear.

My guess is that you have an SSP mustang (Police). Check the buck tag, behing the driver's headlight.
  • Hi. Welcome. Actually, it is not the first time I have heard about 2BOSS. I wrote about 2BOSS last year around this time. It was and still is my theory that 2BOSS is just a combination of front and rear spring codes that coincides with a name that has significance in Mustang history.

That doesn't mean your car is not rare. I think it might very well be in a very small number of cars when considering the deleted and manual options that you mention.
    Johns correct that your car is rare. According to Sesslers "Red Book" there were only 371 5.0 Royal coupes built in 93 and only 628 SSP cars for the entire year. Take care and enjoy your ride.