what are you guys doing for cup holders?

edited May 2008 in Feature Mustangs
I saw one that changes your arm rest lid to a longer one which has a cup holder...but im having mixed feelings about it. 1- it doesnt lock shut, 2- it interferes with your ebrake sometimes (since its longer).

Has anybody used a DIN cup holder/coin holder from the taurus? Tbird guys use those all the time...im wondering if anybody here has used it. Its DIN sized so im thinking it hsould fit in the double DIN spot of the stang.

Comments

• Ever since my first fox in 91 I just placed the soda can between the seat and brake handle. It actually fits just right for me especially with the 5 spd.
  • i tried that with a bottle of water and it didn fit. I'm going to be trying the taurus DIN sized cup/coin holder in a few days. I gotta take the radio out b.c i think the antenna is not hooked up. If that doenst work i might go ahead and get that arm rest cup holder.
  • I'm with Cobra2top and have had 7 fox bodies and just put the can or water bottle between the ebrake and the seat. Let us know how the other holder works out for you. Take care.
  • Check Lrs or 5.o resto and there is a dual cup holder that replaces the ash tray in the center console. You can take it out whenever and there is some velcro on the bottom so it will stick to the carpet. Mine works great.. I think its call the Plug and Chug(HEHE) :lol: I dont like the armrest ones because they look bad IMHO!!
  • The armrest ones I think would not work well. I had a 95 Cobra and the SN95 body style had a cup holder that flipped out at the top of the armrest. I kept on hitting it each time I shifted and it was hard to reach as it is a little behind you.
  • Check Lrs or 5.o resto and there is a dual cup holder that replaces the ash tray in the center console. You can take it out whenever and there is some velcro on the bottom so it will stick to the carpet. Mine works great.. I think its call the Plug and Chug(HEHE) :lol: I dont like the armrest ones because they look bad IMHO!!

I've got the same thing in mine. It's a little shallow though but works, I also do the brake handle and seat thing. Depends on the bottle or cup size I am using.
    Later, jerry
  • you guys with the dual cupholder, can you post pix? I saw that but i didnt like it at first because its bulky...and I thought i'd take it out when not in use, but then in order to have it handy for whenever I have drinks it would have to be in my back seat somewhere and its probably going to be rolling around all over the place...well..u get the point...but maybe some pix will convince me :P
  • I'm with Cobra2top and have had 7 fox bodies and just put the can or water bottle between the ebrake and the seat. Let us know how the other holder works out for you. Take care.

So this works for cans- but I'm a coffee person. I sometimes drive Hester to work, and have the same issue. The armrest holder doesn't look deep enough, and I'm worried I will knock it with a shift. So I'm interested in a good alternative as well.