How I cleaned the fabrics of my Triple White Mustang

Hello again all,

I cleaned the leather and the vinyl with the same chemicals and methods. I tested this on leather from the bottom of the back seat with no problems. I cleaned the entire interior, convertible top and boot as follows.

THE INGREDIENTS

1) Bottle of Westley's Bleche White whitewall cleaner

2) Small round brush with a reservoir on top

3) Blue Magic leather/vinyl conditioner

4) Alot of luke warm water and clean white rags

(You get get all these items at either a Pep Boys or Auto Zone etc)

THE DRILL

Fill the reservoir of the brush with the Westleys. The top of the brush is like a bellows, so you can pump out and control the amount that you use. Have your partner wet an area being cleaned, say 10"x10", then pump the Westleys out and scrub gently back and forth, side to side and in a circular motion. Have your helper wash the area with water and wipe it clean. Then have them apply the 1st coat of Blue Magic conditioner as they follow you along. Repeat the process till your finished. Afterwards, apply 2 more coats of Blue Magic conditioner to ALL areas you have done.

It's been 3 weeks since I've done mine and everything is still soft and clean as new.

Now clean that baby before summer is here :)

Dean

Comments

• Hi Dean...

Thanks for the info on cleaning the interior and boot on the Stangs...

I'm preparing to put new carpet in mine and fix the pesky ash tray door, and I was planning to give my upholstery a thorough cleaning while I had it out.

I have 2 top boots and both are stained. I'll try your approach and see if I can salvage at least one.

I hope mine comes even half as clean as yours seems to have...

Sue
  • Hi Sue,

How've you been? Sounds like your Stang is coming around, wheels done etc, congrats. If you have a stubborn stain make sure to condition it between each cleaning attempt. I found that this works best. Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated.

For Now,

Dean