The Part that was hardest to find

edited May 2008 in Feature Mustangs
So I'm wondering - what parts have you looked for that you were shocked to either see the price, or couldn't find at all...

I've got two:

Rear Interior Quarter Panels and Speaker Grills: Obscene price, and even though I fell into a pair that I will need to dye (from my husband's car), I still can't find the correct speaker grills.

Front Springs: My car was lowered when I bought it, and I wanted factory springs back up front. All the springs I found lowered the car. Got lucky that a friend was going to coil-overs, and gave me a pair off his GT.

Comments

• I am looking for the spare tire holddown (J-Hook & Wingnut) for the tire in trunk. Mine is just flopping around back there. I've had no luck...

Anton
  • as for the tire hold down look at 50resto.com they have it... I am worried about hubcaps! You can't find white ones(cheap)
  • I agree that the interior quarter pieces and speaker grill are insanely priced but the worst item for us during the resto process was the small rubber gasket that the exterior mirrors set on. Ours were dry rotted and Ford had no NOS ones availible so I paid $50.00 dollars for a used pair out of Atlanta. They were in great shape but man that price hurt. Since then I have always checked them out on wrecks to see if any were worth buying as spares. To date no one makes repro ones. Take care.
  • I cant find a non-faded (let alone NOS) passenger side rear 1/4 panel seat belt bezel.

As for 1/4 panels, keep hope alive. I bought a NOS 1/4 panel, passenger side, about 6 months ago on ebay for line $130. It had a red carpet which was easy to swap w/ my original black. It also had a small scrape but other than that it was perfect.

every single day i check for good-condition rear speaker grills and have _never_ found one.

Also, i cant find a NOS steering wheel.
  • Also, i cant find a NOS steering wheel.

I was wondering about that as I have been searching for cruise control switches. Dawned on me that I hadn't even seen a steering wheel.
  • I cant find a non-faded (let alone NOS) passenger side rear 1/4 panel seat belt bezel.

As for 1/4 panels, keep hope alive. I bought a NOS 1/4 panel, passenger side, about 6 months ago on ebay for line $130. It had a red carpet which was easy to swap w/ my original black. It also had a small scrape but other than that it was perfect.

every single day i check for good-condition rear speaker grills and have _never_ found one.

Also, i cant find a NOS steering wheel.
    National Parts Depot had NOS steering wheels for sale but they were "salty" if I recall they were around 250.00 each.
  • I just checked NPD's site and the steering wheel that they have availible is Black Leather and is only for a non-cruise control car. They are asking $349.00. They do have some Feature car specific parts availible so check them out. They have already painted window and convertible boot base mouldings for sale. Take care.