I think I got a good Deal..

edited June 2008 in Feature Mustangs
Yesterday I was checking on Craigslist as I always do, usally every day.. And I saw a post that said OEM Ford Mustang White wheels. I thought to myself.. this cant be.. I opend up the ad and it turns out they are original Ford rims in the box! Never used!!! And this is the best part.. I paid $450!!!! I am excited and I am going to put them on my car.. My rims the paint is kinda "rough to the touch" in some places.. Looks bad.. But these rims are mint! Now the question is do I buy tires for them and only use them for car shows?

Comments

• Hey Ryan,

I just got your email response about the part numbers and that they are indeed 93 white wheels.

You did get a good deal! They are impossible to find new.

At Carlisle I saw a set of 1992 Pearlescent white wheels with tires but the tires were not very good and the wheels were rough with lots of scratches, chipped paint and with a fair amount of road rash. The asking price was $450.

Do they have center caps, too?
  • No, No center caps, And I got your E-mail.. Thanks John.. I wish they did have center caps.. Talk about impossible... Should i save them? Should I Flip them for a profit? Should I put them on my car that I am going to drive daily? So many qustions.. I just dont know...
  • Well, I don't know if you are looking to us to answer your questions but I will offer this thought (which you may already know). If your 92 center caps are Pearlescent white they are different in color than the 93 white wheels you just bought. This might factor into the install vs. something else equation.
  • Yes they caps are Pearlesent White but they seem to match pretty good...
    Oh well.. I'm happy..
    BUT the ******* at discount tire scratched the rim as he was putting the weight on and all he could say was "oops" No respect for anything.. Its not too big and it might polish out.. Just the thought makes me angry...
  • For future reference, ask for stick-on weights that go on the inside of the wheel rather than the clip-ons. Although, even with those I still got a scratch on mine during the mounting process. :(
  • Yeah, thats the worst part.. I asked them for the inner weights, they said no problem.. I was sitting there and I saw him putting on the lip mount, WTF?!? So I tell him, I want the inner mount and he says, they cant be.. After a conversation with the manager the kid walks out there and just rips it off!! Ugghh... No respect for anything!!! [>:)]