Pony Headrests

edited August 2008 in Feature Mustangs
Hi Folks!!!

I am in the final stages of restoring my 93TWF's white interior and have someone embroidering my new headrests. I've attached an image of the beta version of the embroidery design, the current one is much more dense and so close to the original it's almost impossible to tell the difference.

I have 2 questions for the masses:

1. What was the original thread color of the embroidery (see image)? Was it bright white (1802 on right) or more of a bone (1803 on left). Although the scan doesn't do them justice, the bone is more cream/beige colored and the white is a bright white. The background shown is my old headrest.

2. Would any of you be interested in apparel, etc. embroidered with the pony? Maybe even your own new headrests?

Thanks for all your help!
Anton

Embroidery_Thread_Color_resize.jpg
Embroidered_Pony_resize.jpg

Comments

• Hi Folks!!!Hello, whoever did you embroidery appears to have done a very nice job on the pony. Those headrests are very hard too find. Best of luck on the rest of your work.

I am in the final stages of restoring my 93TWF's white interior and have someone embroidering my new headrests. I've attached an image of the beta version of the embroidery design, the current one is much more dense and so close to the original it's almost impossible to tell the difference.

I have 2 questions for the masses:

1. What was the original thread color of the embroidery (see image)? Was it bright white (1802 on right) or more of a bone (1803 on left). Although the scan doesn't do them justice, the bone is more cream/beige colored and the white is a bright white. The background shown is my old headrest.

2. Would any of you be interested in apparel, etc. embroidered with the pony? Maybe even your own new headrests?

Thanks for all your help!
    Anton

Embroidery_Thread_Color_resize.jpg
    Embroidered_Pony_resize.jpg
  • Hi TwoCar!

I see your reply with my post repeated, but no response... Something must not have worked right... Want to try again?

Anton
  • Yeah I dont know what happend to my response? I just wanted to tell you how lucky you were to find someone tallented enough to duplicate the pony. Best of luck.
  • Based on this picture...

3323_1.JPG

That is from a 8,000 mile car.. It looks more like the first one... 1803.. I dont know for sure..
  • Does anyone have any closeups of what they looked like when new (or nearly new)???

Thanks!
    Anton
  • You want one closer than the one I posted?
    R