I am sooooooo *&#%*$ ANGRY!

edited September 2008 in Feature Mustangs
My loving wife recently purchased me an Armour All "car car kit" for my beloved 93 TWF...

In the kit was enclosed a bottle Armour All Wheel Cleaner. After I washed the car, I carefully read the instructions on the spray bottle and noted that it said "Safe for factory painted and clear coat wheels".

I tested a little in a small area and it cleaned well and had no ill effects. I sprayed the wheels down and let the stuff sit for about 30-45 seconds (they recommeded 60). When I rinsed the wheels off I noticed that there were a few streaks on them. Upon closer inspection, I was AGAHST to relaize that the clear coat was literally melted off the wheels in many areas.

First: I recommend that you DO NOT use this product on these wheels!

Second: What, if any, recourse do I have with the company? (I have not called them yet)

AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Anton

P.S. Thanks for letting me vent...

Comments

• Locally (in Austin that is).. There is a place called Wheel Technoligies... Whey will re-do any rim, they can fix curb rash.. Ect... I would defiantly call the company and complain and yell and scream untill send you a check. That is un-beliveible. If they agree to send a check you might try to clean all the wheels.. :):lol::lol:
  • Man brutal story. Best of luck with your fix.
  • Ouch.... :(

I use Meguiar's Hot Rims for mine...never had a problem.
  • After a 25 minute phone call and twice on extended holds (checking with managers), they're sending me a "claim form".

I can be quite tenacious... I'll keep you all posted...

Thanks!
    Anton
  • I'll keep you all posted...

Yeah please do.. I would like to know what they say and do to fix this...
  • One of the things they're requesting is 2 estimates for repairing/refinishing the wheels...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Anton
  • Maybe the Ford Dealership can tell you.. Look in your area for a good quailty paint shop.. REALLY good quality.. :) They will be able to do it..
  • Yea, I did that back in the 90's with some " MIRACLE " spray. Not on my Feature but on a '89 SSC. The " cleaner " just ate my wheels right in front of me! Just like you, a friend told me to use it. Warm Joy soap and water is all you need! Sorry, but I know what you feel like!! Don't blame it on the wife because she was just looking out for you. Hope you can fix your problem, D
  • Some images of the damage...

IMG_7120_resize.JPG
    IMG_7126_resize.JPG
    IMG_7127_resize.JPG
    IMG_7128_resize.JPG
    IMG_7129_resize.JPG
  • Ouch- hurts just looking at those pictures. I had the same issue back in 93 with an F-150 that had clear coat on the aluminum wheels. I am shocked they are still selling the wheel cleaner. Good luck with the fight.