thinking of doing this mod to the feature...any opinions?

edited September 2008 in Feature Mustangs
Having the 'must-keep-the-engine-cool' mentality with my tbirds, i found this webpage interesting. A friend of mine knows I bought the stang and showed me it. It uses an 80's lower airdam from a ranger with the LX front bumper in our feature cars and it looks VERY stock. It adds cooling by re-directing air to the rad and i think it looks pretty cool actually. I'ts not a radical thing and it keeps the stock look.

Link:

http://brazeauracing.com/mustang/airdam.htm

airdam.jpg

Opinions?

Comments

• I think it looks sharp.
  • the lower air dam looks nice. The best cooling I have seen for these cars are the 3 row radiators made by Modine. I am sure there are others, can't remember the names......
  • I like it but what is up with the 2 black holes, brake duct cooling?
  • I think it looks fine.. But how much room does it give you? Nothing worse than hitting every single speed bump!
  • I went on the corral and found a few other pix of LX's with this airdam and I will be doing it probably this winter. It looks stock and adds a bit of appearance to the car.

Ken, those two holes were apparently for brake cooling....i like how it looks but when I asked a friend if it was an aftermarket bumper or a really worked one...he said it was a custom re-worked bumper. It looks pretty cool actually, but more than what i would want to do to my car.

rare 92...i hear you really have to be careful with curbs and bumps because it does decrease your clearance a good bit...but i guess you just have to get used to it.