Just thought I would share, My Feature car and the original owner

edited December 2008 in Feature Mustangs
So when I baught my car on 6/5/2007 from an elderly man, I kinda figured he was the original owner. But when I asked he said no, and that he had baught the car from an auction. (Later we found out that he buys lots of cars and flips them, and he was 84 [B-)] ) Anyway after we got the car home and cleaned it up I started to go through some of the paperwork. In the glove box I found an Insurance card from 1996 made out to a Mrs. Fraces Byrd in Huntsville Texas, which is about two hours from our house. It had an adress on it and I decided to send her a letter. It was a longshot, but I tried. And surely enough a week later I get a letter back. I opened it, and was so excited to read her story. She told me that she didnt have any more paperwork on the car such as a window sticker, but she did have some old pictures in front of her home. She went on to tell me that in the summer on 1992 she along with some friends took a trip to England. When she retuned her husband had my car in the driveway as a suprise present. She told me she loved the car but didnt drive it much because it would mess up her hair!:lol:

Unfortnatly her husband had just passed away.

We contuined to write letters back and forth and before I knew it, it was almost summer again. She told me that she had a summer home in Austin, just 20 miles away that she would be going to. I sent her my phone number and told her maybe one day we could have lunch.

So in early July, I hadnt recived any more letters, I assumed she was in Austin. A few days later I got a phone call and it was her. We made plans and met at an Italian resturant.

Later she told me that if it was ok she wanted to meet every summer! This makes me love my car even more.

Here is a picture of us together.
IMG_7618_edited-1-1.jpg

Comments

• I hope the picture is the right size?
  • Hey that is a great story! I am sure that it means quite a bit to her that you took the time to contact and meet with her. Nice job and your car looks great.
  • Great story! Did you give her a ride in it??? What did she say about it? It looks like is is still new!

I have some old papers in my car but never really though about contacting the original owner who also was a lady. I wonder what would happen?
  • Thanks, She didnt want a ride, maybe next June. I think, If you were to send a letter what is the worst that can happen, they throw away your letter and you loose .42. She was very excited to see it again, She rarely drove it and only put 5,000 mile on it in 8 years. She sold it in 2000 and the next owner put 10,000 so that leaves me with a 15,000 mile car.
  • Once again great story! That is one low mile feature. Take good care of it.
  • Thanks, She didnt want a ride, maybe next June. I think, If you were to send a letter what is the worst that can happen, they throw away your letter and you loose .42. She was very excited to see it again, She rarely drove it and only put 5,000 mile on it in 8 years. She sold it in 2000 and the next owner put 10,000 so that leaves me with a 15,000 mile car.

15,000??? Time to MOD the heck out of it!!! I'd pop a blower through the hood and jack up the rear!!!! :lol::lol::lol: [>:)]

Seriously dont change a thing and when I am ready to convert mine back to stock I can call you to take a TON of pictures!!
  • Haha No, I like it all stock. I added the white face gauges to match the interior and I am not happy with them. Not good quality, like stock better so will change back soon.

I can take pictures whenever. Most people dont belive its 15,000, and I say, Trust me I know the original owner. :lol:
  • nice story-- we just moved back to Texas last year. We are outside of Houston on hwy 290. It is good to see all of the rust free cars here.
  • Yeah no joke, unless you get a car from Corpus or Port Aransas..

Gotta love Texas weather though! The high on wednesday is 75! [B-)]