Reproduction Window sticker UPDATED!

edited January 2009 in Feature Mustangs
Ok, so for a late Christmas present, My parents got me a repro window sticker. I contacted Richard White, and he is a really nice guy. He does wonderfull work. I am going to post the picture of my sticker and I just want to see if you guys think its correct.

Ryan_Sherry_92LX_Vert_Special_15091.jpg

Comments

• I mean, I know you dont know MY car, Just look over it and see if anything is incorrect, and non-feature car specific.
    Thanks!
    Ryan :D
  • Bump, Anyone notice anything wrong? I am fixing to pay...
  • Hi Ryan,

I don't see any image in your post. Looks like the source for it is gmail. You might be the only person who has access to it with the rest of us blocked from seeing it.
  • Bump, Anyone notice anything wrong? I am fixing to pay...
    Need an image.
  • Oh crap, Ok let me fix it!
  • Ok I hope this works...

Ryan_Sherry_92LX_Vert_Special_15091.jpg
  • I think you need to have the front floor mats on the option side taken out. I'm am pretty sure that the convienence pkg included the front floor mats and the cargo net. There are 2 good examples John has made available on the literature etc. section under 1992. Go to near bottom of that page and you will see two window sticker examples, one having dealer installed a/c.
  • Ok, I will check that out. I dont know if my car came with floormats or not. I kinda thought that by 1992 they were standard.. guess not.

I am 95% sure that my car did not come with a rear cargo net, which was part of the convience package right?
    So no cargo net, no floormats, no convience package.. ?

Ryan
  • Looks really good how do you get in touch with the guy who did it for you?
  • He is a great guy, and very reasonable too...
    Here is the info, I think John said to say somthing to him about this website.. ?

His E-mail is:
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:rwhite302@yahoo.com">rwhite302@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->

Here is what he said in the first e-mail

Here are the full specs.

If you do not have your original Window sticker, I make reproductions. They look very authentic, and include your car's full specs, including vin#. I use an original scan of the real thing, so it is very realistic.

Here's the specs:
    -Printed on 8.5x11 Hammermill paper (slightly smaller than the original by roughly 3%)
    -Printed with 1200 dpi Color Xanté Laser Printer
    -Looks absolutely authentic! Everything is spelled correctly, all price options are correct.
    -I use a scan of a real window sticker, so it even looks slightly aged and discolored, just like the real ones currently do.
    -I put in all of your options, paint color, interior color/type, and your VIN number as well
    -I do not put in any dealer information unless provided by owner. There is an upcharge to do so.
    -Mailed to your door via USPS, sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard in a manilla envelope.
    -I send you a proof via email before the final print is done.

I will not print without your approval - I would need:
    - VIN number
    - paint color
    - interior type and color
    - all options
    - your email address to send the proof to

Pricing is as follows:
    -$30 for 1 copy, reduced 3% to fit 8.5x11 paper
    -$5 for each additional copy
    -Upcharge of $5 for a full size print (printed on 11x17 paper and trimmed down) -Upcharge of $5 for Dealer information (must be provided by owner)
    -I accept paypal or money orders as payment

If you are interested, let me know.

Richard White
  • He is a great guy, and very reasonable too...
    Here is the info, I think John said to say somthing to him about this website.. ?
    He is a good guy. I've had some email correspondence with him. He has done a handful of feature cars (4 when we talked in 2007; probably more by now) and 100's of 1987 - current. I get no type of referral incentive but feel free to mention this site as the source. I always welcome good karma. :)

A while back Ron who visits this site often sent me a post that Richard White made on an SVT forum that includes much of what Ryan has posted on the details of what he provides. Additionally, he listed some links (included here just in case you want more input before putting down your hard earned cash):

For a sample, go here:
    http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=51&cat=500&page=7

For references, go here:
    http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89424
    http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85010

Over last summer I got it in my head that I could photoshop my own sticker. While its possible it sure is a pain in the butt. Essentially, I gave up. Now is probably the best time to get one. Once we get close to car show season I think he gets real busy and turn around times get pretty long.
  • Did you get a build sheet from Ford for your car? That is a good starting point for a correct window sticker. First, you should triple check/verfify the info on the build sheet as they have a tendency to be wrong. I'm working on my third one from Ford as my first two were off. My first build sheet had options listed on it that my car doesn't have. It had power seat, optional axle 3.27, convenience group listed when my car is a 0 option car except for auto tranny. I wrote back and asked for one specific for my car with dealer info and got one that was correct except that instead of 4spd auto tranny it had 4sp manual........which hasn't been available since early 1983 GT's. Verify the build sheet to the door plate data and check things like ax on the door data to make sure you have optional axle. Also, try to find out what tires your car had on it at delivery. Call grandma and see if she can remember. Check owners manual for either goodyear or michelin pamplet. Did your build sheet say your car had bsw performance tires? Anyway, if you come to find that your car had the goodyears then on the option side of the sticker you need to include the bsw performance tire option which was a no-cost option. You are also correct in deleting the convience pkg and floor mats. You would know if your car had convience pkg by looking in trunk behind tail lights. There would be two hook mechanisms where net would attach. My car didn't have the convienence pkg but the floor mats have been with the car from day 1, but came from the Ford accessory catalog in 1992. Ford accessory catalog 1992 floor mats have a small round Ford emblem back near the heal and the convience pkg mats were just plain black with leather style binding, no logo. I gathered this info from a Ford collector with a 400 something mile 92 who has every Ford catalog/sales brochure under the sun. Don't know if you are interested but I have located some new in plastic bag 1992 original plain black floor mats. They come in plastic have a little instruction sheet and and have Ford and a Ford part number molded into back of mat. PM me if interested.
  • I have the original Michelin booklet in my car, so I am sure that is what It came with, now it has good years, I think they are better tires.

She isnt my Grandmother, :lol: and Mrs. Byrd would have no idea what the car came with.

I do have a buildsheet. My car had really no options besides the feature car, but that is the most important one right? :lol:
  • Richard did a window sticker for me. I sent him a copy of a real window sticker for the yellow and black feature car to use. I was really pleased the way mine turned out.
  • Ok, Well he mailed it today! I cant wait to get it!
    Ryan
  • Best of luck.
  • Thanks, I am sure it will be great! I'll post up when I get both of them in! :D