Fox-Body Reunion!

edited January 2009 in Feature Mustangs
Hey just a bit of info regarding a cool sounding event coming up this summer. July 10th-11th of 09 in Dublin, Ohio (Columbus) area they are holding a 30th Anniversary of the Fox-body Mustangs. 20 classes and presented by the Mustang Club of Ohio. More info is included in this months issue of Mustang Times. Sounded really cool though.

Comments

• The "late models" are 30 years old! Man that makes me feel old. Nice to see the recognition for the longest generation of Mustangs. It sounds cool. I'll have to read more about it.
  • Man that sure does sound fun I would be there if it wasnt 2,500 miles away! :lol:
  • 30 years........amazing
  • Yeah I'm thinking the more foxes the better. They are going to have a feature car class as well.
  • Post up some info when you get the chance. I may be interested in attending.
  • Post up some info when you get the chance. I may be interested in attending.
    Here is the web page with the info: www.arthritisautoshow.com
  • I am going to try real hard to go. I think this group should try real hard to make a strong showing here since they have a class for our cars and this site/group is the best at representing these cars. My plans are to tow my 92 here since I'm bringing my whole family with me and spent Friday and Saturday at the show and then we'll go to Cedar Point for Sat. night all day Sunday. This year should be the best ever for me. Mustang 45th maybe for me, Carlisle 100% and now this Fox body thing. If money gets tight I'll probably skip the 45th in lieu of the fox body show. Also, I want to let others know who live far away from OH that Southwest airlines flies into Columbus so you could potentially fly in for the show. I told my wife that if things get to crazy here and our trip doesn't pan out, worst case scenario I'll fly out from BWI first flight sat. morn and come home last flight sat night. Fox bodies that I've owned are 82 GT, 93 LX 5.0 hatch calypso green 5spd (bought brand new) ran 13.88 with kn/3.73/dynomax exhaust/icing the intake/silencer removed and almost empty fuel, 1993 Blue/titanium GT convertible, 92 Feature.
  • I agree with you! We are going to do the same but take the kids to Kings Island in Cincy for the remainder of the weekend and a couple of days into the upcoming week. I am going to try and bring 2 of our cars and as many Foxes from around here as I can get. Take care.
  • Cedar Point is a blast, great rollercoasters!

noac, what are you planning to use as a tow vehicle?

My "winter" car is a 03 EB Explorer with the tow pkg and V8. Never thought of towing the Feature but the Explorer has a tow rating of 7200 lbs. I really dont want to drive it that far as it would get a little tiring with the magnaflows and 3.73 gears. Also means the family would have to resort to a chase vehicle behind me.

I wonder if the Explorer could pull the feature 400 miles each way. I am thinking it is too small of a truck to do it.
  • Well I got my answer. On a Explorer Forum people tow mustangs all of the time. The CRAZY thing is U-haul will not rent ANYTHING towing behind a Explorer!!!! I read about it on the site but had to check for myself on U-Haul. When I put my Explorer a message came up that they do not rent to Explorers. The word is that with the Firestone issue they refuse to rent to that make. The wild thing (and it was talked at lenght in the forum) that they will rent a trailer to a Mountaineer owner. Same vehicle except for the name!

Maybe I will not be there now........
  • I tow with a 2005 Suburban Z-71. I couldn't buy a Ford that year because we needed a big family car/tow vehicle and Ford didn't make the Expedition XL then, the one that is about the size of the Suburban. One time at the Columbia Island boat ramp in Va right across from DC, I saw a 1995 Explorer pull a 25 foot baja out of the water. It wasn't pretty but it got the boat out. I really couldn't believe it. The rear had a huge sag as it went down the road but the guy claimed he never had any issues.
  • The word is that with the Firestone issue they refuse to rent to that make.
    I remember running into that issue when I was looking into renting a trailer for my 99 Explorer. That was a couple of years ago. It's crazy that they still have that restriction. The Ford/Firestone recall was 7 to 8 years ago and on the previous generation vehicle! I think if there was something else to worry about we would have heard by now. Mind you, I'm not defending Ford/Firestone on this having lived through that whole recall mess.
  • Today, I finally got around to my latest issue (January 2009) of Mustang Times to see the ad for the reunion. I went to the web site for the show and had a feeling that there was something oddly familiar about it. I then thought about David Landrow who owns a very low mileage (<1k) 92 feature car and something he had mentioned to me about his involvement in a charitable car show.

A search of my email archives revealed this from October 2005:
    ...I am the Vice Chairman of the Arthritis Foundation's Classic Auto Show & Cruise-In, which is an annual event held in Dublin, Ohio. As Vice Chairman, one of my responsibilities is to produce our web site. If you have a moment, please visit us at: www.arthritisautoshow.com

For our 2009 show, our featured marque will be the Fox Platform Mustang in honor of its 30th Anniversary. Ours is a large event, so we do plan ahead!!
    Yes, 2005 is the correct year on that correspondence. They have been planning this for a long time and one of those involved in planning is one of our feature car crowd.
  • It does sound like a good time. I really wish I could make it. It's only a 660 mile drive for me but we're expecting our baby in June! I'll be at the 45th in Birmingham. Hope to see some Feature Cars there!

Marc
  • You guys that are going, be sure to take lots of pictures for us guys that cant make it! [B-)]
  • Will do! I just need to figure out how to post them!
  • HaHa all you need to do is use the code and post the link inbetween them. Its easiest you sign up with Photobucket and that way you can just copy and paste them..
  • Will do! I just need to figure out how to post them!
    I too have had trouble trying to insert pics within posts? Maybe a quick tutiorial is needed?
  • I dont post pics often but when I do I find myself clicking over to Corral to re-read the instructions. I did open a free account at Imageshack and have used it for a few years. All of my pics on this site are on there. The link is:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=692581

Good luck and start posting them up!
  • I too have had trouble trying to insert pics within posts? Maybe a quick tutiorial is needed?
    Hey, I can work on one. The process is far from intuitive.

The current limitation for files uploaded into the forum is 300k in size each. What do you think of that? Too restrictive? Most raw images from digital cameras are bigger than this and will require some resizing in your favorite photo editor before uploading.

The reason that there is a limit is because I don't have unlimited disk space. I don't mind increasing the limit if it will encourage more usage and/or is a barrier to use.

The other option as cobre2top mentioned is to use a third party site to host your images (imageshack is one) and use the tag to reference your pictures on that site.  Over the next couple days I will work on a tutorial for both methods. In the mean time let me know what you think about size.
  • Hey thanks for looking into it.