Car Insurance question?

edited February 2009 in Feature Mustangs
Hey gang I just wanted to check with all regarding insurance for our rides. I currently have my feature insured with Allstate under our "normal" auto policy with full coverage on the car and they allow us to put it on "storage" for the winter months. Does anyone use any of the collector insurances? I wanted to know if so and how does the coverage compare? Any input would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• I have collector insurance. Once my car passed 15 years I was able to move to an agreed value policy. This is much better than actual or even stated value which is what I had before it turned 15 years. I went through Heacock Classic and my policy is actually issued through Infinity Insurance Company. Coverages are pretty close to what I had with my "standard" policy.

Bodily Injury Liability - 100k per person/300k per accident
    Property Damage Liability - 50k
    Uninsured Motorists Bodily Injury Liability - 100k per person/300k per accident

Higher limits are available. Price is a fraction of what my standard policy was through Nationwide. I just renewed this month. My annual premium went down by a few dollars, my agreed value was automatically adjusted up $750 and my deductible dropped from $500 to $0. Actually, I didn't realize all that until I just pulled out the policy to check it for this response.

My collector policy does have some restrictions, though. 3000 miles/year limit. No driving it to work. Car must be stored normally in a locked garage although they do realize that cars are shown out of town and sometimes are stored out of that garage on occasion. I had to provide pictures of car and garage.

The restrictions are good things to clarify up front. For me, I made sure that it would be OK to be out of the garage overnight on occasion (Carlisle, etc.)

I have had this policy for a few years now but have never made any claims so I can't comments on that aspect of it.
  • I would love to get this added to my car, but you have to be over 21 right? Im not even close. Im 16...

UGH!
    ryan