Any luck finding touch up paint for our 92 feature reds?

edited March 2009 in Feature Mustangs
I was at the parts store waiting for an alternator to arrive from a different store for my 92 and I stumbled upon this color. Looks pretty similar to the 92 feature red. I remember someone was going to try to get it from the dealer...i havent had time to do so my self, so Im wondering if it's still available from Ford. Nevertheless, this color is pretty similar:

1235258760.jpg

Comments

• I have seen some of the touch up paint availible on ebay for the 93 white and 93 yellow cars but not on the 921/2. Maybe someone will have some on there. Best of luck.
  • So I went to the dealership, and asked the guy. I gave the the color code and year. Well the "Vibrant Red" never came up, but
    "Performance Red" did, so I said sure same thing right. Well, He tells me a couple of minutes later, that Ford no longer makes that touch up paint, but I was in luck. He had a direct replacement in the back. So I got it. It looked exactly the same. I get home, make sure the area is clean, and shake the paint ect.

I put it on and WOW! It looks fantastic!

30 minutes later when it was dry, not so much. It darkend into an almost rose red color. I was very upset. But I guess off red is better than primer or steel, which means rust.

UGH!!! Dont always take the salesmans word for it... :cry:

Ryan
  • i think i'll go back and try this color and report back. I noticed a couple spots on the underside of the doors that i wanted to touch up to prevent any rust.
  • negative on that color from advanced auto...i put it on a small spot under the passinger door and it doesnt match too good...im going to let it sit and check back to see how it dried.
  • So, How did it turn out?
  • Any updates?