1993 Yellow/Saleen 1of1

edited March 2009 in Feature Mustangs
http://mustangtimes.net/23-1/pg4-6.pdf
My guess is that this car started its life as a feature car....I wonder if it has the body buck tag and is included in the total production figure for the 93 yellows.

Comments

• I think you are correct. When I first saw it that was my initial impression, too. It's the right color. It is definitely an LX.

I once asked Terry McCoy (who also runs a feature car registry, is the keeper of all the build information for the cars and was involved with the Mustang Times) and his reply that it was a feature car.

MT-1999-01-Cover.jpg
  • I have seen this car and it is described as 1of1 and a true feature.
  • +1 on it being a real Feature Car. I saw it too, many years ago at a Saleen National show in Biloxi, MS. Beautiful car. Little know fact about '93 Saleens, there were 2 non-SC Feature Cars built as well. I have not turned up pics of either yet, to see how they were equipped. Here are some additional pics of 93-01 SC with 3 piece Sterns instead of the yellow Speedlines. I prefer the Speedline look and purchased a set of the rare 4 lug to maybe paint yellow and put on my Feature one day.
  • +1 on it being a real Feature Car. I saw it too, many years ago at a Saleen National show in Biloxi, MS. Beautiful car. Little know fact about '93 Saleens, there were 2 non-SC Feature Cars built as well. I have not turned up pics of either yet, to see how they were equipped. Here are some additional pics of 93-01 SC with 3 piece Sterns instead of the yellow Speedlines. I prefer the Speedline look and purchased a set of the rare 4 lug to maybe paint yellow and put on my Feature one day.
    Those wheels are sharp looking. I am a sucker though for the chrome pony wheel.
  • Those 4 lug Speedlines are ultra rare. Congrats on the purchase.

I was looking at the Saleen and read the article and it got me thinking, I wonder what a 92 would look like with the Saleen gound effects and Red Speedlines. I would also think White Speedlines with the white top would look good to.
  • http://www.karmustang.com/car_detail.php?id=166#
    I thought the same thing.....not quite the same but I found this pic of a 92 with ground effects...
  • Yuck, I dont like that kit installed on the car. Did Saleen make any 1992 Features? There is a 7-up car on E-bay right now, and they made the yellow Feature.. Strange.
  • You have to go back to 1992 to answer that question. That year, Saleen was struggling to survive and only built 17 cars. I have not seen any evidence of 1 of those 17 being a Feature Car, but also have not seen pics of all 17 cars. So, anything is possible. 92-22 is the only Saleen that year to receive white leather interior, so there is a glimmer of hope.
  • Yuck, I dont like that kit installed on the car. Did Saleen make any 1992 Features? There is a 7-up car on E-bay right now, and they made the yellow Feature.. Strange.

Yeah, not a big fan of the Xenon kit even back in the early 90's when they came out. I guess that is why I dont see them anymore.

The Saleen thing does still have me thinking of what one would look like. The 90 7-Up IMO looks pretty good. I am a fan of the Cobra R hood on the Fox bodies.

When I first bought my feature the original intent was to change out everything white for black. Yes, I know I know, crazy plan and why I did not do it after it was in my garage. Since my feature already was modded (lowered, Cobra R's, Steeda suspension, magnaflows, subframes, etc.) by the previous owner, I am stuck in keeping the modded look. If I even attempted to bring it back to stock, I will be very upside down and not worth it. I could just buy one of the ebay cars with super low miles and be ahead. So the next thought is continue to mod it with the Cobra R hood and possibly the Saleen look.

Let me hear it, am I crazy?? I would/could have one of the only Saleen feature "tributes" out there. Not sure if that would just kill the car or make it more interesting........Of course I would do the Stern or Speedline in white (replicas with 4 lug or convert it to 5 lug). I would also keep the feature seats to tip off to people that it is a feature, atleast for those in the know. I am also not a fan of the Saleen wing, so the feature wing would stay.

Anyway, just tossing this out there. I still do like the LX lines so I may just keep her the way she is and git the road on warm days!
  • If you are going to go Saleen, you have to do the wing. The feature car wing would look out of place and silly.

Full Saleen kit ( using the correct style for your year ), white leather Recaros, white roll bar and white Speedlines. Switch to 5-lug, as Speedlines are easier to find, and will accommodate big brake kits. Run it as a stripe delete, as I think custom fabbing a set of white stripes would not be worth the effort.

Just my 2 cents.
  • is this the cobra r hood that cobra2top likes on a 92...it is nice. I personally think it would be cool to do the saleen conversion. I am right now in the process of restoring my 92 back to a condition of what it was the day it came off the assembly line. I am duplicating factory markings on the undercarriage and everything. My goal is to have it looking about 95% perfect, because no fox body should be too perfect in my eyes. Anyway, after this car, if things get better with the downturn, someday I am going to do a 92 Feature 5sp and make it a custom. I want to lower it with 17" white ponys and maybe cobra r hood and cobra spoiler in place of the LE spoiler.http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopos ... ad_033.jpg
  • If you are going to go Saleen, you have to do the wing. The feature car wing would look out of place and silly.

Full Saleen kit ( using the correct style for your year ), white leather Recaros, white roll bar and white Speedlines. Switch to 5-lug, as Speedlines are easier to find, and will accommodate big brake kits. Run it as a stripe delete, as I think custom fabbing a set of white stripes would not be worth the effort.

Just my 2 cents.

Great idea. I now agree that a Saleen wing would have to go with it as I was looking at the 90 7Up Saleen on Ebay. I will have to look around and see what I can find. I live close to Cervini and they sell a Saleen kit. I know they install a "Elanore" kit on the new 05 up Mustangs and they have a paint shop. I will call them to see if they would install and paint them on my feature. It is more curiosity at this point to see what it would cost.

As for the Cobra R hood, those of you with the white 93, this was my original inspiration for the hood. This one looks totally stock but the hood I think looks really good.

369993908bf9d880a8a.jpg
  • As I was searching for the Cobra R hood I found a bunch of Feature pictures I pulled off the web over the years. I thought I would share them for ideas of what these look like changed.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I originally had other plans for my feature. I wanted to convert the white to black based off of this picture I found on Corral. I emailed back and forth with the owner and it is a feature clone:

31007001.jpg

When I saw this I had yet found mine but wanted to find a red mustang with black interior. I ended up finding my feature and after a few months lost the drive to change the white to black.

Here is my actual car from the previous owner. He had chrome pony's on the car at one time.

img2785p.jpg

Here is a 92 with chrome 94-95 Cobra Rims:

2bbb1.jpg

Standard Pony's. I had originally thought to pick these up as they are super cheap and drive around with them to preserve the Cobra R's. I realized I dont drive around enought to worry about it:

129c3.jpg

Stormin Norman Hood:

mustangpics127.jpg

And here is my cars long lost twin (minus the hood):

2c783.jpg

And to end, a few of my modified feature:

featurezainoed042.jpg

featurezainoed043.jpg

featurezainoed033.jpg

featurezainoed038.jpg