1993 Mustang LX donated to our Auto Shop

edited April 2009 in Feature Mustangs
Ok, This has nothing to do with Feature cars, but its a Fox.. :D
So, I am a Sophomore at Georgetown High School, and I am in the Auto Tech class. We recently had a 1993 Mustang LX hatchback donated. My teacher and classmates elected me project manager, and I control everything that happens to the car.
This is what it looks like now:

16be5b2d.jpg
5bb13268.jpg
26262e4d.jpg

I think it would be cool to turn it into a DARE car, or a SSP look alike car.

Its vermillion color now, and in my Mustang book, Ford only made 1,400 of the Lx's like that.
So, what do y'all think? Is it rare enough to keep stock, or should we make it a DARE car?

We need donations, and if it was an Anti-Drug car, I think we would get alot more money.

Comments

• Sorry for the poor quality of the picture, I took it with my I-phone, and the lighting was dim.
  • Nice car to toy around with. IMO, do with it what you want. I do not think the Vermillion color will make it any more desirable, but I may be wrong. Typically, what was not popular then will not be popular in the future. Second, it's an automatic. Before anyone knocks the comment, I currently own 2 automatic Mustangs. They just do not bring the dollars that a 5-speed will. This fact will not change as the cars age. Some buyer may start looking for them, but it will be because their bodies are deteriorating. [8-X]
  • Well were not going to sell it, were going to make it into a DARE car, anti drug, and it will be a car that students can drive, so it will most likely stay an auto.

Ryan
  • Is it a 5.0 or 2.3? (looks like it may have dual exhaust)

Anton
  • Very cool looking project! What type of donations are you looking for ie: only monetary or are there some parts that you need? Best of luck. Take care.
  • Any donations will help, the currently the car is sitting because we have no money or parts.. I am the project manager.. I decided we needed to have a carshow to help raise money. Currently its an after school project.

Oh the car is a 5.0L by the way. Someone took off the emblem.. I am not sure why..
  • Regarding the emblems. In 1989 I purchased a plane-jane 1989 coupe “sport” (5.0L, 5 speed, 2.73 gears, etc…) in a rather ordinary blue. First thing I did was take off the 5.0 emblems, the 10 hole rims were ditched for a set of widened steel rims with the basic 4 cylinder hubcaps being used, changed the gears for a set of 3.73’s and lastly I put on the GT exhaust tips tucked up as high as they would go. The usual mods of the day were employed for the engine. The car was more of a stoplight sleeper as that most of the usual visual clues were all missing. Man I miss that car… :D
  • Put ads on CL and such looking for donated parts and services. Call some of the Mustang parts suppliers, get creative.
    It's for a good cause and there are tons of people with parts that are going un-used. It could poss. be a tax write off too for someone who might be donating parts and or services, like paint work etc. Check out specialservicemustang.net and share your story. You might find some help there with some of the items that a DARE vehicle might have, lightbar, spots, etc. Not to mention they are a wealth of information and great guys. Quite a few guys on the site are in TX with ex-DPS cars.
  • Here is another SSP site: http://www.sspmustang.org/

Good group of guys and at one time used them as a resource when I was looking at a SSP purchase. Seems like a pretty active forum pages.

Good luck!
  • I am a member of both forums, as I own 2 FHP Mustangs and there is a wealth of knowledge at each regarding wiring up lightbars, radios, etc. Check your state laws closely regarding the use of police related accessories. There will be laws against certain color lights, # of spotlights allowed, etc. It is very tricky and asks for harassment by local pd's. Most of us that drive our cars have needed to learn the laws of the surrounding states, and sometimes that is still not enough. Always be overly cautious when putting your car on the street. If you go the DARE route, please involve your local police department as a consultant. And, please do not make a SSP clone out of a hatchback. [#-o]
  • We pulled out the motor today, man it was pretty nasty. I am suprised that the car ran as good as it did. We are also getting in touch with the local police department. We decided to make it into a THINK car, which is like DARE.
  • If anyone would like to make a donation, please PM me. As of now we have $100... Which is way off of the $6,000 plan that we had!

Thanks everyone!
    Ryan
  • We pulled out the motor today, man it was pretty nasty. I am suprised that the car ran as good as it did. We are also getting in touch with the local police department. We decided to make it into a THINK car, which is like DARE.
    Sounds like a cool organization to align yourselves with. Best of luck.