Junkyard Feature Find

edited March 2009 in Feature Mustangs
So on Friday, My dad and I stopped at a classic car dealership to look around and see what they had. We start talking to the guy, and he takes us back into his boneyard. He mentions he loves Foxes and he's been restoring them. Behind the building there were hundreds of foxes and SN-95 Mustangs. I was looking around and I notice a red one way in the back. I see a white top and notice the windshield trim is painted red too.. My stomach turns and I ask the owner If I can go back there and look around.

And this is what I found.

8f33a63c.jpg

48,000 original mile 1992 Feature car, with a graphic equalizer!!!
It was rearended in 1996 and totaled.
He wouldnt sell me any parts, and said he might restore it someday.

I died a little after seeing it... :cry:

Comments

• Wow that poor ole girl got smoked! From the way it looks it would need an entire backhalf. Not sure it would be worth fixin. But it looks to have some mighty fine parts. I would keep in touch with them. Take care and thanks for the story.
  • ouch-- any ideas why the driver's door is not faded? looks like it is possibly a repainted door with a clear coat?

Very interesting to see how bad the enamel paint oxidized in the Texas sun.
  • Unfortunately, we have all heard the " I'll restore it one day " bit. Too bad he won't sell the rare parts to help cars that will be restored. Most likely, it will rot right there where it sits. Keep checking back with him, though, as you may catch him on a day that he needs some extra $$$.
  • Anyone know how rare is the factory equalizer?
  • Not sure exactly how "rare" but that was the top of the line stereo option for 92. We had one in a GT vert we had and the system was really nice for stock.
    Anyone know how rare is the factory equalizer?
  • Yeah, I have one in my feature and actually do like it. I replaced the stock speakers over the summer and it really picked up the sound.

DOnt get me wrong, I am not "thumping" down the road, but it is good enough for me and has that cool retro look with all of the sliders and flashing lights.
  • I also like the retro look of the eq. I think it makes the whole dash look more complete instead of the storage below the regular stereo. My car doesn't have the eq but I wish it did. As far as how many came with it, in talking with Matt at Fox Mustang Restoration, their are no specific numbers that exist about mow many cars came with this option and/or that option for any fox body stangs. I think the only numbers that exist are for color/engine/ and transmission (for some years). I do see some ebay listings for the 93 cobras that will say things like 1 of XXX red cobra's with all three options (roof,cd,rear defrost I think off top of my head) so that year model may be an exception to the rule maybe because of the involvement of SVT with that car. I would still be interested to see if Terry McCoy had any more detailed info on this subject.
  • I was under the impression that the equalizer was rare.. hmm..
    Anyway it still pains me to look at the car.. I asked the guy a couple of times, he sounded like he just wasnt interested. Too bad.. But if you look in the picture, to the right of the feature you can see a row of foxes, and a rare Capri next to the feature.. His entire lot is full of rare cars, and he doesnt want to sell anything..
  • Was that a Mercury RS next to it. Wow, I had one and would like to get another one of those.
  • Yup, Mercury Capri, along with TONs of Foxes and SN-95's. Mostly Rare ones...
  • I would LOVE to have those rims and or center caps!!!!!!!!!!
    Sux that he wont sell you any parts :cry:
  • I would LOVE to have those rims and or center caps!!!!!!!!!!
    Sux that he wont sell you any parts :cry:

Yup, those were the first things I asked him for, and they were in good shape too.. Then the spoiler lol..

The interior was GONE! The top is open a little and there is a small hole and the water came in and destroyed everything..........
    Such a shame..