Exhaust

Sorry if this has been asked 1,000 + times.

I have added an off road H pipe and will be adding the shorty headers ( they were on backorder) It is still not loud enough for me.

What is the best axle back system that still has the stock looking tips? I have heard a lot about the flowmaster 40's they have some with stainless tips.

What do you guys think? I want that nice and aggresive 5.0 sound. :D

Comments

• I have Magnaflows with 3" chrome tips that IMO look great. Nothing against the stock tips, but they look too small for my taste. The 3" tips fill out the rear of the car pretty well.

featurezainoed042.jpg

First day I picked it up...I always like the angle on the exhaust and stance in this pic
    fetauremustang1stday020qg0.jpg

As for sound, mine has a stock H pipe, stock headers, and stock engine. The Magnaflows has just the right sound, deep, but not obnoxious. I suggest searching Youtube for different sounding exhaust and see which one you like. Also when you do note what type of mods are done in the description or comments, it can totally change the sound.
  • I went with the Dynomax Ultra Flow system and got the 2 1/2" pipes instead of the 2 1/4" stock size. The rest of the system is stock and the sound is nice and throaty without being so loud you need to shout over it when on the highway.
  • You did an offroad pipe and header and still have the stock mufflers? [8-}] Borla, by far, sounds the best. The exhaust cooler tips look like crap, so you will have to put different tailpipes. Expensive, but well worth it.
  • You did an offroad pipe and header and still have the stock mufflers? [8-}] Borla, by far, sounds the best. The exhaust cooler tips look like crap, so you will have to put different tailpipes. Expensive, but well worth it.

I had the Borlas on my 89 GT vert years ago. The best sound for sure and agree, the tail pipes are silly looking. On my 89, back in the early 90's I bought just the mufflers and those cost me $500. It was a ton of money but was the best sound. If my car did not come already with the Magnaflows I would have sprung for the Borla mufflers.