New Member - Question about Front License Plate Bracket

Hi. Just joined up and hope to participate as much as possible. I'm expecting delivery of my '93 Yellow Feature and just realized that after all these years, it still doesn't have any holes drilled in the front bumper for a license plate frame. I've been all over the web looking for something that will work without having to drill holes. There was a guy (bigd050) I learned about in another forum who was selling them on eBay, but I've been unable to reach him. Any ideas? Sorry if this question is a bit outdated...

Thanks,
Frankenstang

Comments

• Depending on your state's requirements, you may be able to put it in the windshield and still be legal. That is how one of my SSP's is set up for Texas. I would suggest suction cups though, as it rattles a lot without them. I hated it at first, but my feature car came with one so the dealer could put their tacky plate on the car. Comes in handy now.
  • Thanks for the tip on putting the front plate on the dash, FlyinTiger. It hadn't occurred to me to do that, but I'll be sure to check with our local DMV when I register the car.
  • I know texas requires it, sadly.. But mine already has it on and I just have to deal with it. I dont think very many states have the law..
  • Our car is an original Ohio ride and came with the plate holes already there. When we restored it I just kept the bracket in the trunk as Indiana does not require a front plate. The holes are still in the bumper cover though.
  • I just bought a used license frame bracket on eBay and am hoping that the bottom mounts, which extend horizontally for a couple of inches, are enough to hold the frame and plate without having to drill. Fingers crossed...
  • Won't work, unfortunately. The battering from the wind is going to wear through your paint. The top has to be fixed with something.
  • I wonder if some velcro (applied to both surfaces) and/or some foam padding applied only to the back of the license plate frame might work... It'll be my first challenge - :)
  • I wonder if some velcro (applied to both surfaces) and/or some foam padding applied only to the back of the license plate frame might work... It'll be my first challenge - :)
    That may work. Best of luck
  • Cant you just stick it in the winshield? Or is that still against the law? My dad has been driving his cars around for about 2 1/2 years now and he has been pulled over for speeding but the officer never said a word about the no front plate.. I wonder how serious they are about this?
  • I've heard two different stories - one person said I'll definitely get a ticket while another said just carry the plate in the car and show it if I get pulled over. Hopefully, the bracket I bought will work... Thanks!

frankenstang