New Member...

Hi all. I just joined last night because I expect to take delivery of my '93 Yellow Feature Car (#958) this week. The car has 44K miles on it and is one of the 452 Mustangs built with the 5-speed. This past February, I sold my '83 GT that had 30K miles and t-tops and actually started out looking for a 1st generation Mustang before realizing that getting one in decent condition was beyond my means. Then, I happened to see a yellow '93 in Massachusetts and fell in love with it. I hope to post from time to time and appreciate your tolerance with what may be dumb questions to the more experienced members...

Frankenstang

Comments

• Welcome to the site! You are one of the lucky few that were able to find the 5-speed. Does your feature have black or white interior? Post some pics when you get a chance.
  • where did you find your car?
  • I'll try to answer both posts in one message. The car was actually on autotrader.com, where there are a few more yellow '93s, but this one had the lowest mileage at the time and I was able to get the price down quite a bit. It helped that it was a 5-speed with the black leather, which is what I wanted. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll attach a couple pics...

Frankenstang
  • Welcome to TWF! That is a SUPER nice (and Rare) Mustang.
    What part of the US do you live in?
    Ryan
  • Very nice car. Welcome to the site.
  • Thanks, Rare92, I hope it will be a good investment. I live in the northeast, but won't ever take my new car out past October or early November. New England winters can be brutal...
  • Thanks, 2carnuts. I just hope I can find time to join in the discussion once in a while. I see from your pic that you caught the bug, too!

Frankenstang
  • Thats a good idea, i know all the snow and salt can reallllly tear our cars up. Luckily I live in Texas, so if it ever snowed here all the cities would shut down lol. But right now we are facing 104 degree days every single day. Its brutally hot.

Was the car originally a northern car?
    Anyway nice car and welcome again!
  • Luckily, the car has spent its entire life down south and never seen salt or snow. That's one of the things I was looking for in a car.

104 degrees? I'd never put the top down if it was that hot around here! :)

Thanks for the welcome...

Frankenstang
  • Very nice Stang. Welcome.
  • Thanks, VibrantChick. And your '92 looks great, too...

Frankenstang
  • 104 degrees? I'd never put the top down if it was that hot around here! :)

Frankenstang

Wait till you feel what 104 degrees and black leather does to the backs of your legs when wearing shorts. :D My top stops coming down around 80 degrees. Just gets too sticky down hear.
  • Yeah, getting black leather was one of my biggest fears, but it was too nice to pass up. In my last Mustang, I bought straw seat pads that worked great to allow some air flow between my derriere and the hot seat. Sounds like I'd better buy them sooner rather than later...
  • Oh I feel it, both of my Dads Shelbys have black interior. Our '70 Mach doesnt get driven at all in summer because of no A/C lol
    :lol:
  • Two Shelbys??? Wow, that's cool! I'm sure I'll feel the leather, too, but that's why the good Lord made straw seats and beach towels! :)
  • He has a 2007 GT500 40th anniversary and a 2008 GT500
    I cant even drive them because im 16 and insurance rules are you must be over 21...Waaaahhh :cry: