93 Feature Car Yellow/Black Top

edited April 2010 in For sale/wanted
Hello everyone,
I just got word that my new 2010 GT500 Shelby is on it's way from Flat Rock. Well that means that somebody is going to benefit from my lack of garage space. I will be taking all offers on this Feature Car into consideration. It has been stored in my garage since '93. Milage is 2,299. That is not a misprint! 5-speed, loaded including cd player. This car shows as new. I did put headers on it back in 93 with a full catback system. It sounds mean. Shows new. I hate to sell it but the time has come. Original tires, hoses, belts. I did have Ford put a new gas tank in it a few years ago and that was mostly a precaution. If you want a "new" 93 Feature Car for a good price now is your chance! I don't feel like messing with Ebay. AutoTrader is my next option. I was asking $20,000 but will sell for a lot cheaper to someone that appreciates these rare machines. No rust, chips, disappointments! Texas car but not a coastal car. Been garaged kept it's whole life. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks Dennis
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:denohew@oconnorbraman.net">denohew@oconnorbraman.net</a><!-- e --> Pics upon request.

Comments

• Where in Texas are you? Im In Georgetown.. I heard Mac Haik Ford was getting a black one.. Same car?

Sounds like an awesome car.. Post some pictures.
  • Hey Rare 92,
    I am in Victoria. Yes Mac Haik let me order 2- 2010 Shelby GT-500's. One for my brother and one for myself. My brothers came in two days ago. His is grey with light grey stripes. Mine is the Dark Blue with silver stripes and is on a transport headed this way. I was told that they hand inspect and drive them for quality control purposes. Also there was a factory rep down here in Victoria today from Detroit. He was peddling the new Ford Taurus SHO, which I might add is pretty impressive. He knew alot about the new Shelby's. Says they double all the welds in the 2010 Shelby. Also said that there are a lot of pissed off KR owners that paid twice as much for there cars and the quality is sketcky at best. Also no nav. was available in 2009. Now for the good part, I drove my brother's car and it is very impressive. I mean FAST as long as you don't just sit there and spin the tires all day! Gobs of torque! Super tight handling. The nav/ Microsoft system is crazy. You plug your Ipod or Iphone into the usb port and it throws all your songs onto the nav screen and it is a touch screen! Very well thought out!! Your phone rings and the volume for the stereo mutes and you are hands free. It will take a long time to figure it all out. The owners manuel for the nav is just as thick as the owners manuel for the car! Sorry for the off topic ramblings but this might interest a few people in here. The new Camaro doesn't even come close to the new 2010 Shelby! I will miss my Feature Car! But I rarely drove it, hence the 2,299 miles on it. I am going to try to post a couple of pics of my Feature but I have not been able to figure it out in the past. Cheerio, Dennis
  • Hey Rare 92,
    I am in Victoria. Yes Mac Haik let me order 2- 2010 Shelby GT-500's. One for my brother and one for myself. My brothers came in two days ago. His is grey with light grey stripes. Mine is the Dark Blue with silver stripes and is on a transport headed this way. I was told that they hand inspect and drive them for quality control purposes. Also there was a factory rep down here in Victoria today from Detroit. He was peddling the new Ford Taurus SHO, which I might add is pretty impressive. He knew alot about the new Shelby's. Says they double all the welds in the 2010 Shelby. Also said that there are a lot of pissed off KR owners that paid twice as much for there cars and the quality is sketcky at best. Also no nav. was available in 2009. Now for the good part, I drove my brother's car and it is very impressive. I mean FAST as long as you don't just sit there and spin the tires all day! Gobs of torque! Super tight handling. The nav/ Microsoft system is crazy. You plug your Ipod or Iphone into the usb port and it throws all your songs onto the nav screen and it is a touch screen! Very well thought out!! Your phone rings and the volume for the stereo mutes and you are hands free. It will take a long time to figure it all out. The owners manuel for the nav is just as thick as the owners manuel for the car! Sorry for the off topic ramblings but this might interest a few people in here. The new Camaro doesn't even come close to the new 2010 Shelby! I will miss my Feature Car! But I rarely drove it, hence the 2,299 miles on it. I am going to try to post a couple of pics of my Feature but I have not been able to figure it out in the past. Cheerio, Dennis
  • Sorry about the double post! I was trying to attach a couple of pics. They are too big. I will try to resize, D
  • Ah There are a couple of Mac Haiks. Different dealer than I was talking about.

My dad loves both of his Shelbys. He has a 2008 and 2007 40th Anniversary. The back end of the new Mustangs havent grown on me yet but the fronts are sweet and the interior is amazing. He has let me drive one, but I am too young to drive due to the insurance. (have to be over 21)

They are great and fun cars. Youll have to come to the Mid America Shelby meet in Tulsa OK next year. Its always a blast. Carroll Shelby was there when we went and we got to have a personal meeting with him. He is so funny.
    I sure do hope he lives to be 120. lol

Cant wait to see the pictures of the new Shelby!
    Ryan
  • Hey Ryan, Email me and I will send pics. Also I will consider selling you my Feature Car CHEAP, just because I know you will take care of it. I was going to give it to my 15 yr. old daughter but she will just destroy it!!! That would be a shame bearing in mind that I have had it since it was new! Show your Dad the pics, you never know. Peace, Dennis
  • Email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Rare92@gmail.com">Rare92@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> ( I know shocker!)
    I am 16 years old lol hahahaha But I take really good care of My Mustang and my 2001 Dodge ram

Ill post the pics on the site for ya.. I have learned how to do it.. :-D
  • How much are you asking for the car?

What type of documentation do you have i.e. window sticker, delivery documents, prior registration info, service records etc???
  • Hello Roughneck,
    I have the window sticker. The car was delivered by me to me. I owned a Ford dealership up until 1997. All service i.e. oil changes, tune ups were done by Mac Haik Ford in Victoria,Tx. They should have all records. No prior reg. because I am the original owner. This car has never been damaged in any way. I don't think a bug has ever hit the windshield! Still smells new. As for price I am going to give it to the first person that comes up with $12,500. Thanks, Dennis
  • Here are the picts!
    93_Feature_Car.jpg

93_Feature_Car__2.jpg
  • Thanks Ryan for getting these pics up. Happy motoring!! Dennis
  • No problem Dennis email me more pictures and Ill post them..
  • I think that I saw your Shelby in transport in Houston today heading south. Beautiful car!
  • Hey FlyinTiger, The car came in on Fri.. I picked it up on Fri. also. It only took 6 weeks from order to delivery. I thought that was like a record build. When I took delivery the blower wasn't working! I drove it around the block and straight back to Ford. After about 30 minutes of talking to the head tech down here, he found a memo on his computer saying that when they are new you have to drive them for 5 miles and then it will start working. I thought " How is that possible" but left the dealership and wahla, blower came on!??? I do not know how that was even possible? Anyway this car will get you killed if you don't know how to drive! Wicked power! Payed just under 50k for it with tt&l. Biggest bang I ever had for my buck especially concidering that the KR's were fetching upwards of 100K! Same motor but the build quality is much better. I guess time will tell that one. See ya, Dennis P.S. I still have my Feature with 2,299 miles. Oh also I ran into a little girl in Rockport,Tx this weekend in a Yellow Feature that had 40,000 miles on it. She told me her grandmother gave it to her. Damn thing was rusted out. Must have parked it on the beach or something for several years!
  • Hello Roughneck,
    I have the window sticker. The car was delivered by me to me. I owned a Ford dealership up until 1997. All service i.e. oil changes, tune ups were done by Mac Haik Ford in Victoria,Tx. They should have all records. No prior reg. because I am the original owner. This car has never been damaged in any way. I don't think a bug has ever hit the windshield! Still smells new. As for price I am going to give it to the first person that comes up with $12,500. Thanks, Dennis
    That is a great buy. Best of luck selling.
  • Hey FlyinTiger, The car came in on Fri.. I picked it up on Fri. also. It only took 6 weeks from order to delivery. I thought that was like a record build. When I took delivery the blower wasn't working! I drove it around the block and straight back to Ford. After about 30 minutes of talking to the head tech down here, he found a memo on his computer saying that when they are new you have to drive them for 5 miles and then it will start working. I thought " How is that possible" but left the dealership and wahla, blower came on!??? I do not know how that was even possible? Anyway this car will get you killed if you don't know how to drive! Wicked power! Payed just under 50k for it with tt&l. Biggest bang I ever had for my buck especially concidering that the KR's were fetching upwards of 100K! Same motor but the build quality is much better. I guess time will tell that one. See ya, Dennis P.S. I still have my Feature with 2,299 miles. Oh also I ran into a little girl in Rockport,Tx this weekend in a Yellow Feature that had 40,000 miles on it. She told me her grandmother gave it to her. Damn thing was rusted out. Must have parked it on the beach or something for several years!

My dads shelbys do the same thing. They do this so that when the people are unloading them off the trailer they dont "accidently" push the gas. Haha

I thought it was 50 miles, maybe they changed the new ones.

Post up some pictures!!!!!!!!
  • I posted a few pics to Rare 92. Maybe he can post them because I don't have a clue! That little Yellow one in front of my Mercedes Cl65 AMG is nice and tucked away, Dennis
  • Come on lottery! Oh how I wish I could get one right now! Darn college bills! Good luck with the sale!
  • Did you sell it yet? I see it has Recaro's....does it have any other goodies?
  • Hello my fellow Feature Car lovers, I have had quite a few inquires about my car. Well, GREAT news. After the car was pulled out of storage ( I have not started it in 2 years ) I had a flat bed wrecker tow it to my local dealership. The dealership on my request, went through the car with a fine tooth comb. First they pulled the plugs and squirted lube down the cylinders and put new plugs in. New oil and filter. New OEM gas tank and fuel pump and filter. New battery. Fuel system flush and cleaned the injectors. New sender unit in the gas tank.
    Then they hooked up the new battery and it started on the first try. Runs like new.
    Here is there official report as written on my service report:
    Removed fuel cap to smell gas in fuel system. Gas had a sour old smell. Took fuel sample. Tried to light fuel, fuel would not ignite. Recommend flushing of all fuel lines,replacement of fuel tank, sending unit, pump and filter replacement. Customer approved. Removed fuel tank and fuel filter and fuel filler neck, installed new sending unit and pump into new fuel tank. Removed lines from fuel injector lines and flushed out fuel rail, flushed both supply and return lines from fuel rail to tank back. Installed fuel filler neck, installed new fuel tank with new pump and sending unit. Added 10 gallons of gas. Started vehicle up and let idle. Drove around block to put under a small load for any excess old fuel to get through rail. Vehicle runs fine at this time. Thank you for your business. The End.
    I picked it up and it drives like a new car. First thing I did was put the top down and started smiling!
    I will contact rare_92 to see if he can post some new pictures for me. I just got a new Mac and have no idea how to post pics. Hey rare you out there? Anyway the car is perfect with 3,005 miles on it now and $2,600 dollars later. I will take a boat load of new pics tomorrow. After all this professional Ford dealership work I am going to have to up the price a little but rest assured it still smells new and drives new. I am going to drive it tomorrow to my office and have it detailed and waxed. Not a scratch on it! The detail shop is next door to my office. I am going to sell it for $14,000 dollars which I will have a big loss at but if I don't get that I will just enjoy it. If anybody wants a GREAT deal email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:denohew@oconnorbraman.net">denohew@oconnorbraman.net</a><!-- e --> . Sorry for all the folks I have not responded to about this car but I am now putting everybody on notice. Thanks for all the interest, Dennis
  • Also the car has shorty headers that I had installed in '93 with flowmasters all the way to the back. Original tires and all the rubber trim is soft and pliable.Fully loaded including factory cd player and engine block heater. 5-speed. It is truly new. denohew
  • Nice Car Dennis. Do you still have the original seats? How many miles have you put on the car since it was brought out of storage? I'll send you a email.
  • Thanks John for putting up the photos! I really appreciate it!! I have been getting a ton of inqueries about it. Dennis
  • Also FYI Ford reads your website because I got an email frow some big wig at Ford that wants to add my car to there Mustang museum. Seems they did not keep a feature car for there stash of Mustangs! Dennis
  • Hey Dennis sorry, I have been so busy with School and stuff I havent been on TWF very much. Great car, I am sure you will sell it fast.
  • That would be wild to have Ford get it back!
  • Also FYI Ford reads your website because I got an email frow some big wig at Ford that wants to add my car to there Mustang museum.
    Hey, that's cool to know. Thanks for sharing it. What an honor that would be to know your car was in their museum.
  • Just a follow up to my now unstored Feature car. I noticed that I said in an earlier post ( the long one on the top of this page ) that the car now has 3,005 miles on it. I don't know what I was smoking when I came up with that milage!!! I have put just under 100 miles on it since it came out of storage. I now reads 2,391 miles. Anyway I am having a blast driving it! Gets more attention than my 2010 Shelby. Not even a hiccup or a rattle in this thing. I found ( or should I say ) made more room in my garage to where all my toys fit nicely now. I finally worked out all the flat spots in the original tires and she is smooth as silk! I am going to keep it for a few more years and enjoy it. It's the only convertable that (other than my wife's SL 500) I have and I forgot just how much fun the open air is. I am very happy that the car came out of storage unscathed other than the fuel system repair bill. I got that number right it was $2,600. Anyway I am going to keep it in the city ( don't want any highway chips in it ) and enjoy nice days, Regards, denohew