The Infamous Double Date on the Door Tag

edited December 2009 in Feature Mustangs
I was just looking at the low mile 92 feature on Ebay and noticed the door tag has the same sticker mine has. Is it a build date of 06/92 or 05/92??

I know we spoke about this a year ago but it still amazes me that there is such a issue out there!

Comments

• My car has it too. I would feel confident saying that most all Feature cars have this problem
  • I agree that this is an interesting topic that would be good to research. It would be interesting to see if non-Feature 92s have the same thing. I would go with the sticker on top since it was put there last and could be some sort of correction.

Obviously, you can go to Terry McCoy and he will tell you when your car was built. Although, even that is probably not 100% accurate. You can always look for other clues on your car besides the date code stamped on the buck tag and radiator support.

Things don't vary so much on the 1993s and I have not seen a sticker applied on them. Personally, on my 1993, I found a few other dates on my car. Inside of a rear interior panel I found 3-9-93 written. Also, glued to the floor under my back seat were pages from the March 11, 1993 issue of the Detroit Free Press. My build date is 3/10.
  • I am pretty sure my Dads 1993 Cobra had the double sticker... hmm.
  • You know I have never seen one?
  • Sorry, I don't have a better picture that gives a better idea of the sticker, but generally this is what it looks like.

1992RedLXVertFeature.jpg

The aforementioned ebay listing is not any better in showing it. Those images are still available: http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/1206/photos/380357#28.jpg