Gettin the itch!

edited January 2010 in Feature Mustangs
Man we got 42degree's here today in wonderful NE Indiana and I've got the itch to get the ole yellow beast out. Again one of mother natures trick days. Take care.

Comments

• That's funny because I was thinking the same thing as we were coming home last night. I started to think "the roads are clear and a recent rain probably washed away any remaining salt so maybe I should take her out for a little spin." I didn't, though.
  • TAKE IT OUT AND ENJOY IT!!!!!

I took mine out Friday. Top up of course, but so much fun ripping through the gears. The car is amazing how it can sit for a few weeks and then just get up and run. Of course I went though a nice warm up process before she went into 1st gear. It's been just too cold/snowy here in the North East the past few weeks.

I do take mine out for runs every few weeks, weather permitting. The reason is that I use to store my last Cobra over the winter, on jack stands, the whole 9 yards. We would get warm days and I really wanted to take her out.

I bought this car specifically to ENJOY it any time. I told myself that it will not get put away. That was my mistake with the Cobra and that was a rare convertible hardtop (1 of 499).

Anyway, I had a rough day in the office Friday. I pulled her out and cranked up the tunes and just ran some errands in it. I even went as far as drving by that big store front near my house, you all know the one, the one where it is all glass and you can see yourself and the car in the reflection!!! SWEET!!!

Anyway, take it from experience, take the thing out and enjoy it. You will enjoy your ownership so much more!
  • Hey it just hit 49 and I got the beast out of the cave for a ride. Thanks for the advice.
  • Hey it just hit 49 and I got the beast out of the cave for a ride. Thanks for the advice.

Did it put a smile on your face too???
  • Absolutely.
  • You all need to move south. 70 and sunny yesterday. You can take your car out whenever you want. :D
  • You all need to move south. 70 and sunny yesterday. You can take your car out whenever you want. :D

ah...ur terrible.

I still drive mine...but its just not the same without the top down :D . AFter our nasty weather her in MD (rainy and cold) today got a bit sunny and borderline warm...i thought about taking the top down when I went to lunch today...but I didnt wanna risk coming back to work half frozen :P .

This reminded me of how much i'd like to have a hard top for winter. Did anyone make a hardtop for fox body convertibles? It would just be convenient during winters...protects your soft top and would look cool i thitnk...just like the mercedes SL roadsters.
  • 73 Here in Tx. Perfect day for the feature to go out, with the top down.
  • Yup good ol Florida.
    I was driving with the top down on Saturday!
    It was great, I get a natural high from driving
    my 92!! Can't get enough LOL
  • Yup good ol Florida.

Uhh wait a second!! I was in your state of Florida this morning for a meeting in Jacksonville. I leave the hotel at 7:30am this morning and guess what I found........NO ICE SCRAPERS IN RENTAL CARS FROM FLORIDA!!!! Yes, I had frost on the windshield!!! I had to scrape frost off the windshield with a credit card this morning!!

Only time I am in Florida for business and the frost follows me from NJ!!!!
  • Yup good ol Florida.

Uhh wait a second!! I was in your state of Florida this morning for a meeting in Jacksonville. I leave the hotel at 7:30am this morning and guess what I found........NO ICE SCRAPERS IN RENTAL CARS FROM FLORIDA!!!! Yes, I had frost on the windshield!!! I had to scrape frost off the windshield with a credit card this morning!!

Only time I am in Florida for business and the frost follows me from NJ!!!!

Ah ha!! So its your fault! You brought the cold LOL :P

I am in the central Florida area on the West coast. [B-)]
  • Some friends of ours were in Ocala a few weeks ago and they had snow!!!..
  • I live 45min South West of Ocala, we had snow too. That was weird. I was born in Florida so that was quite the experience lol