Auto log in question?

Hello just checking into the auto log in process for the site. For some reason it has not been working? Take care.

Comments

• I brought it up in my post too...seemed to have died there.

http://www.triplewhitefox.com/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/639
  • Ah no big deal really. Just nice to hop in whenever you want.
  • Hello just checking into the auto log in process for the site. For some reason it has not been working? Take care.
    Hi Chet, I've been trying things on and off for a while now but so far no success, yet. I have tried tweaking the forum settings, using different browsers and changing browser settings.

I have tried IE 8, Firefox 3.6, Chrome and Opera 9. The only one that remembers my login is Opera. So, I know it can work. I don't recommend that as a browser, though. Chrome is realy good if you haven't tried it but it still will not help in this case. It is now my browser of choice over Firefox.

I use software called LastPass to remember my user names and logins for sites. I use that to remember my forum login information so I only need to hit the login button as it prefills the name and password. With LastPass this automatic login problem is really not as bad. Regardless, I even disabled that to see if it was interfering with the forum's default automatic login. No, it wasn't.

I have searched and found very little information on resolving this type of problem with this forum software. I promise that I will keep trying, though.
  • John,
    Thanks for you hard work and this website ! I have seen and learned alot here . Auto login is not why I visit here . (my two cents)
    Thanks Again
    Joel
  • Hey no biggie on the auto log in. I was just checking in and seeing if anything new had worked. Once again I too appreciate all you do for the site and enjoy participating in the forums. Take Care. Chet and the gang.
  • Hi Chet, There is definitely no harm in asking. It lets me know what I should be working on. The more feedback I get on an issue helps me realize how important it is. I want to make the site as easy to use as possible.

I really haven't had a lot of time to spend on these things lately. That's changing now that summer is over and I have been working on it since your post. Just tonight I have been trying some more things. The funny thing is that it works in a development version of the forums that I run on my local machine in order to test things out. I need to find the difference.

As always, thanks for your feedback and I appreciate everyone contributing here and keeping the forums active.