$26,000 1993 Fox

edited November 2010 in Feature Mustangs
Check out this car on ebay. A SSP, super rare as it is brand new but as of today it is already up to $26,000!! I wonder what is the story on the yellow feature behind it. It looks like it too is brand new.

Interesting to see a Fox body close in on $30 grand. Sure it is super rare but if you think about it, outisde of the Fox mustang community, it's just a silver mustang with no options......

Comments

• Yeah, I have that one on my watch list. I thought it was an interesting car. But, you are right, such a narrow audience for it. Not to be overly critical but maybe these bidders are seeing something that we aren't.

Hopefully they are legit and have seen it in person. That's a fair amount of interest and money given there are just a few, blurry photos from some weird angles. And, if you were selling a car with a reserve close to $30k wouldn't you do a better job with the description? I would.
  • reserve not met? What the heck do they think they're going to get for it? I've never seen a fox mustang hit 30k, although i guess it's possible.
  • I too have seen this rare fox and am curious as to where the money will end up. With Ebay I am never sure if the number is real or not? As for foxes hitting the 30k mark of course the 93 Corbra R's have been there and above and I have seen a couple of really low mile regular 93 Cobra's come close but who knows what the future hold's for these collectible cars? It is neat to follow them and see. Back in the day without the web the only info on pricing was in some magazines or at swap meets.
  • Yes, I thought the same thing. The photos are horrible and so is the description, and a narrow audience.

Anyway, all have a great Thanksgiving......I can smell the Turkey right now......mmmm getting hungry!!
  • Auction ended at 27,100 with no sale. Amazing dollar amount considering the car new was well under 20k.
  • Just searching the net and found this 92 Feature......700 miles and asking $17K.

Great pictures for those looking to restore one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdingell/s ... 123956083/
  • one note on the 92, looking at the door tag, it too has the strange double printed build date.
  • True, pics are really good.
  • The same option that makes this car valuable is the same thing that makes it less valuable. SSP collectors want in-service history records. They want a car that has history and normally a lot of miles to go along with the documented history. A wrapper SSP does not appeal to that market as strongly. Typically a 2-tone, 5-speed, marked unit will bring the best money.
  • The same option that makes this car valuable is the same thing that makes it less valuable. SSP collectors want in-service history records. They want a car that has history and normally a lot of miles to go along with the documented history. A wrapper SSP does not appeal to that market as strongly. Typically a 2-tone, 5-speed, marked unit will bring the best money.
    Thanks for the insight on the SSP crew I never knew that they wanted all the history with the car but it does make sense. As for the 93 we were talking about it seemed strange that it didnt have the spot light on it. Were these optional on SSP's?
  • Never factory equipped. Those were installed by the agency that outfitted the cars.