Has anyone seen '92 vibrant red next to '93 cobra "performance red"

edited April 2011 in Feature Mustangs
I know these are supposed to be the same paint colors, but Ford uses different paint codes I believe ("ES" for the "performance red" of the cobras.

I'm just curious if anyone has seen the two side by side at cars shows and whether they could state an opinion if they thought they looked identical.

Comments

• From what Ive read ,not seen it might look different because of the 92 single stage enamal and the 93 base coat / clearcoat. You know how hard it is to match paint,
    alone haveing two different types of paint.
  • I can tell you from experience with Yellow that there is a shade difference between single stage and base/clear.
    Also big difference between gray primer underneath and white primer, white is easier for yellow to cover. But if you are trying to color match with a custom matching shade mix use gray.
    I was told to use white BIG mistake had to repaint both my bumper covers, I got a really good match with the same can of paint with gray.
    My paint was custom mixed to match the gas tank door. You'll find if you haven't already, that the touch up you can buy just won't match after 18 years.
    JB