Hey welcome back!!!

Just a quick shout to say hello... Welcome back John..

Comments

• i wonder what all the spambots did during the downtime...

i really missed the ebay tracker. i had become addicted.
  • Wow, you guys are fast! This may sound funny but I can't even get to it yet (as triplewhitefox.com). At this moment, I am using a direct IP address and was going to post my own welcome back message and saw your posts already here!

You see, since I am on a new web host I had to request a DNS change which effectively maps triplewhitefox.com to the new IP address. That can take several hours to propagate across the Internet and, as we are experiencing, doesn't happen to every DNS server simultaneously. I requested the change around 9:00 PM EDT tonight.

I appreciate that you have come back. I want to provide a valuable service to the community and not having it worried me.

As a side benefit, the login issue we have had where you can't stay logged in for a day, week, month or year might be resolved. I am crossing my fingers. Remember, to do that, don't login directly at the top of the page, click the Login link to go to the login page where you can check the box to stay logged in.

I have to warn you that not quite everything is working yet. I know that (at least) the email notifications on forum posts are not configured yet. I live by my daily summary of forum posts. It will be back soon.
  • i wonder what all the spambots did during the downtime...
    Funny, there have already been four spambot registrations since we have been back (< 2 hours). The purging of these is something I still need to add back.
    i really missed the ebay tracker. i had become addicted.
    Yes, I know. It is important to the success of this site! While I was waiting for the aforementioned DNS changes, I was making sure it was up to date.