Location of Build Sheet ?

edited August 2006 in Feature Mustangs
Does anyone know the location of the buildsheet for the Feature cars?

I am wondering if anyone knows where the sheets are typically located and what will identify a Feature car on the factory build sheet.

www.sspmustang.org / technical has limited information on the sheets for the police and special service cars.

Comments

• This topic has been something I wanted to get to this Winter.

I may have discovered one on my car. Early last summer, a part of my convertible top frame popped out (the large pin that is part of the major hinge on the top frame). It had popped out before but this time it went into the area where the top folds into. It went down real far and I could not reach it from above. I drove all summer without putting the top down while I searched for a replacement. I never found one, but, late in the fall I pulled my back seat bottom in order to see if I could get access to that area. I did get access and found the part.

Best of all, I found several interesting things underneath my back seat. At the time I was putting the car away for the winter so I have been unable to document what I found or investigate further. One thing I found was a sheet sticking out from under the rear seat back. It was stuck pretty good so I did not try to tear it out. I decided to leave it until I have time to take out the seat back carefully. Currently, my car is in the garage with the rear seat bottom out so I just went out and took a few pictures. They came out pretty bad inside the mostly covered car in the dark garage but the two best are below.

At first I thought my "build sheet" was nothing like those on the site you referenced. But, upon further inspection, in the second shot (left side in the shadow) you can see through the sheet to some text on the back. There is a "G" next to what appears to be a printed grid. The back side could be a lot like those on the SSP site.

Once I get the car out for Spring, I plan to get back there and get to documenting it. I will post what I find on my site.

93trplwhtpony & ponydude: you guys have done extensive work with these cars. Do you have any more infomation on build sheets?
  • We found a similar sheet behind the back of the rear seat in the yellow feature we just finished. I did not remove it but I will go out today and pull the rear seat and check this spot out. It didnt look like a normal build sheet possibly something like a broadcast form or something assembly would have attatched to items going into the car??? I will investigate and report back. Thanks for the forum.. Chet and gang.
  • We just finished stripping a totalled Triple White car. Everything has been removed and we have failed to find anything. This was a one owner car and the original owners didn't really even realize what the car was, nor did they appreciate it.
  • As promised, I investigated the sheet I found in my car behind the rear seat back. I have added details to my web page . I had high hopes for the information it might provide but it actually turned out to be disappointing for two reasons. First, I could not get it out of the car in one piece so I left it where it was. Second, the back, which I think is actually the 'build sheet', was not filled out. I have to look into decoding what I did get from it. It does not appear to contain anything feature car specific. :(
  • I took the rear seat out and found nothing, I did see what looked like a very small portion of a build sheet taped to the upper back side of the fuel tank on the rear bumperside. Oh well........