Renaissance

edited December 2011 in Feature Mustangs
I think it is time to do something with the old girl. This is not an appropriate life.

Comments

• NICE!

At least you have kept it indoors!

Is it a 5 speed or an automatic?

Ouch, you push it in and pull it out of the bay? Does it run?
  • Sucky automatic, but I was not going to be choosy back in the day. The dealership had 2 in February of 1995, 1 white and 1 black. Both used as Mardi Gras parade cars for the debutantes. I used to drool over them, thinking I would never own one. There are still beads behind the seat that you can see when the top is folded. No longer runs, as I need to get it to the house next to start doing serious work.
  • >Both used as Mardi Gras parade cars for the debutantes. I used to drool over them...

Cars or debutantes? LOL!
  • It is still a Yellow/Black Feature convertible though, and with a little clean-up it'll look like new! When you get up in age the automatic is nicer to drive in traffic. Even though I like my two 5 speed Feature convertibles I do like driving the 2 Feature automatics more when traffic is heavier.
  • First pic looked like mine before it was placed on Ebay and I bought it. Sat in their garage with stuff piled on it. It got some nice scratches from that, also had something fall on it and dinted the door while it was in there.

Oh and by the way I found and bought some really nice mod parts for an AOD. 7 plate drum, new valve body, and a gear set that will also help to space the shifts out and will make the 3.27 feel like a 3.81, also will help you keep your gas mileage as the O/D stays the same ratio.
  • Great suggestion with the automatic mods. Everyone always suggests the wide ratio kits, but that seems more involved. Next year will be a good year for an old friend. I think a lot of the paint will buff out nice. The factory yellow paint is pretty thick.