Ocean State Mustang Nationals 2012 - July 20-22 in Warwick, RI

edited August 2012 in Feature Events
The Mustang Car Club of New England (MCCNE) is sponsoring one of the MCA regional shows this coming year. It will be held on July 20-22, 2012 in Warwick, RI. More information can be found at www.mccnenationals.com .

For anyone who is interested, before the show begins, I'm planning on having a "fun run" around the state of RI. I'm thinking of a 75-to-100-or-so mile cruise with several stops for photos, and depending on the time, lunch as well. I don't expect large numbers of people to participate in this, but if there is, I may work out some things with some folks in RI to make it more organized. If it ends up being a formally organized event, I will be sponsoring it through my new business name, Show Car Customs (hoping to have it up and going in the next week or two and continually add products starting in 2012). You may hear more on that later though! ;) I will be down in RI for that whole week visiting friends and scoping things out.

I'm hoping to finish one of my "new" SSP's for Carlisle this year (since I sold my Texas DPS), but if I can't get one done, this show will be the debut. My hope is to restore the two FHP's, sell the '86, and finally get a Canary Yellow Feature Car! In 2012, I'm hoping to focus more on a "collection" rather than a bunch of restoration projects, so as you'll see in my signature, I'm selling a lot of projects off. If anyone has any interest, just PM or e-mail me through the site!

It would be really nice to see some great representation of the Feature Cars. I'll warn everyone now... I'm getting a photo of my SSP with the Feature Cars! It would be really nice to see several of each color there!

Comments

• I just registered for this show. MCA shows in New England are few and far between. I didn't go to the last one back in 2006 and I don't want to miss another. There is an early bird registration discount that ends 1/1/2012.

I can't say yet whether I'm up for the RI cruise but put me down as tentative.
  • I was just looking at hotels for this show. Of the two official hotels, the Crowne Plaza is not available for these dates but the Holiday Inn Express is. The registration form instructs you to call to get the group rate but it wasn't hard to figure out that you can use the group code "MCC" when booking online in order to get the reduced rate. There is also a Courtyard about 4 miles from the show that I was also looking into. It is available for the same $129 rate. I ended up going with the Holiday Inn Express.
  • Chester and I are thinking about going to this... he is a little less enthused about the drive than me though.. I have driven to RI before for a doll convention. I didn't think the drive was too bad.
  • Sounds like a plan John. Also, just as an FYI... I heard that vehicles will be parked differently. The SSP group had to inquire about parking together, as it is by (I think) registration number. One of our group contacted the MCCNE and was told that in order for us to park together, we had to arrange it prior to arriving and once arrived, have to drive in together. Granted, it is early and things can change.

YellowandGreen, just pack his bags and put him in the car! LOL!

Now we have to make sure Mike with his red Feature goes to RI too! We can all cause trouble in PA at Carlisle and RI next year!
  • Looks like I will not be going to this. The doll convention that I go to every year is the same weekend in Ohio. There was a chance that it was going to be in Rhode Island this year at Hasbro headquarters so I was going to try to do both the convention and the show....
  • Amy, thanks for the update. I do see that you will be attending Carlisle and that's great.

Any other interest in the show? I haven't thought about coordinating anything for the feature cars. I could if there is enough interest.
  • Joe, I will be going to Carlisle and the show in RI this year. Each year I look forward to the ride to Carlisle following you and John.

I had my AC repaired which will be nice if the weather is bad. I look forward to seeing everyone and their cars.

I was looking at you tube and saw your car in the parade at Carlisle.
    If you haven't seen it, type in Carlisle Car Show-Ford Parade.

Your car looks good and what a fun time!!
  • Great to see you had the A/C repaired, but I hope you can go top down again!

Seen the video before and it was great! I couldn't seem to track down the TV news channel we were on though last year. I don't know if you remember when the guy came up to my window with the mic and asked me to wail on the siren. Apparently it made TV on that Sunday morning!

Indeed it was a great time and I look forward to it again! This time, I'll have a different SSP though.
  • I spoke with Jim, the head of the MCCNE today and I must say that it looks like this one is panning out to be a really nice show. I still think it's an odd venue, but with some of the insider info I got today, it is worth it for anyone to come! Registration is locked at 350 cars and they are shy of 300 right now. If you wanted to go and haven't made the plans yet, I suggest you do that right away!
  • I second the recommendation to come to this show. I belong to MCCNE and it is a great club.
  • Joe, Nice to meet you today in Stratham, NH. This sounds like a good show to go to. Maybe I can catch you on your way down. Ed
  • It was great meeting you too Ed! I'll let you know when I leave. I think I'll be going down either a few days early or staying a few days later though. I spent 11 year in RI and I'll be catching up with my high school buddies to get some jet skiing, fishing, and a few other things in before I head back up to the woods of Maine! Ironically, the show is about 15 minutes from where I used to live.
  • I will see a few of you guys there at the show on Friday! I will be cruising around RI, so feel free to join us (RI Waterfront Cruise )! I'm leaving my house within the hour!
  • In case any of you did not know, John took a GOLD home with him when he left with the Triple White! Congrats once again John!
  • Thanks Joe. I had a great time at the show. It was good to hang out again.
  • Hopefully I can get down that way again soon for a show. Looks like the next weekend long event though will be Carlisle!