Judge Judy

edited December 2011 in Feature Mustangs
Just happened to have the TV on and Judge Judy was adjudicating a case involving a 92 feature car. As is usually the case she went to the blue book to get the value of the car. When the young man tried to interject that this was a limited edition car she would not hear of it. She determined that the WHOLE car was only worth $1800 so she awarded them $100 to fix the bumper. LOL!

It was a California 5speed. Wonder if that is someone on this site?

Comments

• Ouch.

Do you know the episode date or number? I just searched online and there are so many Judge Judy episodes that it is near impossible to find.

I was not called but would have served as an expert witness.
  • Too Funny!!!
  • Ron E. shared a link with me that can be used to contact Judge Judy should you decide you want to weigh in on the verdict on this car. He also relayed that this is not the first time he has seen that a car was undervalued during her judgement

http://www.judgejudy.com/your_opinions
  • To give Judge Judy some credit; if I were her and someone were to argue their car was worth more I would reply: 'Then you should have had sufficient full coverage insurance.'

Such was the case when I bought my 93. It was damaged but the kid insisted that is was worth a lot more money. I asked him then why not file a claim and get it fixed to which he replied 'I only have liability'. His loss. After doing the math on how much it would be to fix even if he got is price he would be in the hole.