New member here....

Thought I would put up a post to say hello. Been a TWF follower for some time. Just recently bought a '92 limited edition and thought it was time to join. Original 81K miles and all original as far as I can tell except for a pair of flowmaster mufflers. It's a 5 speed car that is originally from the New York area according to the DSO but came out of Florida. It is an a/c delete car with the factory equalizer under the factory casette deck. Not really sure how rare this car is with this combination but I think it has to be a few hundred or less. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about it and will be asking lots of questions to anyone who can answer them as I'm also a first time convertible owner as well. This is my 5th fox body and this is probably the one I'll end up keeping for a long time.

The car needs some repairs but nothing too much. Ive got some things in mind that I would like to do to it but all in due time. I can't wait to finally get it out of the garage and hit the roads with the top down. No way it will ever see winter or rain.

Thanks for a great site!

Comments

• Welcome! Where are you located?
  • Western Kentucky
  • Welcome. Convertibles are great! It is the top replacements that are expensive.

I am hoping to do a top replacement on my '92 Feature convertible in the future and learn from my mistakes on that one. Then I will be ready as the others need replacing.

If you have never had a 5 speed car before be sure to watch the firewall where the cable goes through the firewall. When the clutch cables get old and start to drag the inner sheath of the cable the extra pull the cable makes on the cable sheath can eventually pull the cable through the hole in the firewall and tear the firewall around the opening that the speedometer cable goes through on automatics. That hole doesn't have a lot of reinforcing behind it.
  • Thanks for all the welcomes! Really have enjoyed the site. Before I signed up, I followed as a guest for the last 3-4 years. It was really informative and helped in my search for my '92 Limited Edition. Hopefully I can get some pictures of my car on here soon. Thanks again!