Sequence numbers of feature cars

edited December 2011 in Feature Mustangs
I came across a 92 limited edition just outside of Nashville, Tn while I was looking to buy one. I drove down one day to look at the car in person. It was everything I wanted but had an automatic. But one thing it had that appealed to me was an extensive documentation of the car. The thing that really caught my eye was the sequence number of the total number of cars built and the sequence number of this car on the day it was built. How would someone get this information about their car? Here is a link to this car as it is still for sale.

http://www.sunvertibles.com/detail-1992 ... 29829.html

After I saw the cars' documentation, I was really intrigued by this. If this had been a 5-speed car, I might have made them an offer.

Comments

• I think it could be just a guess... Even Marti does not have the information. Also... did the 92 come with black piping on the seats?
  • Every '92 limited edition came with black piping. Everyone of them that I have seen has had black piping on the seats. If they don't, its because someone has changed the seats or leather. It was part of the limited edition option for '92. And '92 only.
  • That is a nice looking car, but the close-up of the wipers shows what that dealership knows. Those are replacement wipers. I sure smell big money with that fancy description of the car.

Remember, CarFax being clean has no bearing on whether the car has ever been in an accident.

Again, it is a nice looking car though. It is a lot prettier than my low purchase priced 5 speed 1992 Feature convertible.
  • The car was almost perfect. It had a couple of spots of touch up on the front right fender and on the hood on the same side. But the passenger side door had been painted at some point. You could tell that the clear around the mirror on the door was starting to pop off. And on the bottom of the inside of the door where the VIN sticker is located had primer over spray on it. Other than that, I thought the car was perfect.

The price that they told me was $12,990. The car had almost 60K miles.
  • The floor mats and exhaust have been replaced too.
  • I guess I don't understand the sequence number process.
    Mine was built May 7th 92 according to Marti report and the "other" report . The thing is my build number is higher than this one built inAug. 92.
  • My car was built on 5/29/92. But the door has 7/92. These cars came from the factory as coupes and then sent over to Cars & Concepts to be converted to convertibles. So the car had a factory build date of 5/29/92 and a Cars & Concepts conversion to convertible build date of 7/92. They probably had a lot full of cars and just randomly picked them for the conversion. Maybe that explains the serial number difference compared to the build date at the factory and the build date at Cars & Concepts.