Jan 1st mileage

edited January 2012 in Feature Mustangs
Took a tip from John and started taking a pic of my odometer on Jan 1st every year. This year I'm up to 32750. 250 over my goal. This year's goal is to keep it down to 34000.

Comments

• I did notice after looking at this pic that my temp and oil pressure do not reset to zero. The engine was not running when I took the pic. I put the key in and turned to on. I could hear the fuel pump run and the gauges reset to zero. Started the engine and the gauges came up. Turned off the engine and same thing happened, gauges did not reset. Turned key back to on and they did reset. Strange?
  • I don't believe any of my Fox Body Mustangs have ever dropped to zero like the 1960s Mustangs did when the key is turned off. After the car is shut off and the key is turned back on oil pressure goes to zero because the car isn't running and buildingoil pressure but if the engine is hot the temperature sender is still reading the engine is hot and the gauge might actually go up after the car is shut off and the key cycled back on. Temp gauge resets to zero when the engine is cool.