YW found on AutoTrader w/ 9750 miles

edited January 2012 in For sale/wanted
I have an agent that scans Auto Trader for WW, YW, and 92 feature cars. came up w/ one this morning with a reported only 9750 miles in VA.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... page=thumb

Comments

• that appears to be this one from the ebay history: 183828

Looks like it's had an interesting life and some speculative pricing. I think 17k is still too high but how often do cars w/ that low miles come up for sale? If it had a 5sp and the original tires and exhaust, maybe....

FWIW, I like seeing the CD or tape deck w/ the original protective tape on it. Makes a really nice touch.
  • Nice find. I wouldn't say 17 is out of the ballpark. He says "negotiable." If it's not worth at least 15, then we're just holding onto our cars for nostalgia purposes. I'd like to think my original 92 with 47k miles is worth around 10-11--not sure I'd get it, but...
  • My dad's yellow/blk 5spd car is mint. They started at $17k in I believe 2010 or late 2009 when the economy was all doom and gloom. Reduced several time, finally to 12k over the period of about 6 months, my dad had cash, I came in an bought it for $10,500. Car looks as nice as a 5-10k mile car, you would not know the difference. I know I could flip it all day long for between 17-20k and have had several offers and "looky loos" that want the car, but could never produce the cash, everyone that see's it, wants it. Car will never be sold outside of the family. I have first right or refusal....I never refuse! :D
  • The hood surely doesn't line up too good on the driver's side with the front bumper cover. I guess the top radiator hose must have been bad because the one in the picture is a replacement, possibly NOT factory Ford either. Someone would have to look at the bottom side of that hose close to the radiator to see if it has the F0ZZ part number on it. After-market exhaust on a 10,000 mile car? Sounds a little too good to be true to me. Tilt/Telescoping steering wheel, was that a rare option in 1993? I have seen that in other 1993 Mustang ads too.

It is a nice looking car though, I will agree with that.
  • I've seen tilt wheel listed in ads but always thought that was a mistake. My understanding was that they could not do a tilt wheel in 93 because of the airbag.