Nice Weekend

Did anyone take their cars out? It was over 60 degrees Saturday in southern MD. I took my car out for short ride. It was fun. Had not driven it since mid Oct.

Comments

• Sure did, I took my YB on a long ride Saturday. I am too lazy to put the top down and have been that way for a couple of years now.
  • I had mine out on the somewhat cooler Sunday. Too cool for the top down but got at least 50 miles in. Maybe more, I wasn't really keeping track.

Believe it or not while I was out I put out a brush fire on the road side. I decided on a route that took me through some back roads that I used to travel quite a few years ago as an alternative way to work. It was a pretty windy route that I remember having fun driving and I wanted to see if I could still remember it. Well, near the end, I came around a bend, saw smoke ahead and when I got closer I found a woman standing on the side of the road on her phone.

There was a fire burning in the leaves on the wooded hill side adjacent to the road. It was still small but starting to spread. I happened to have a fire extinguisher on the rear floor (the Mustang Car Club of New England requires one for every show) and was able to get the fire mostly out helped by another motorist who stopped and had a bottle of two of water. The fire department arrived 5 minutes later so I bolted. I was worried about my car getting hit on the shoulder of this narrow road. The woman who spotted the fire did not know how it started. Probably a discarded cigarette.