Air Bag Light - Code 51

edited February 2012 in Feature Mustangs
The air bag light on my 1993 White Feature Mustang started flashing recently. Looks like code 51.

I've seen a few different explanations for this on other forums. Has anyone else had this same code? I'm wondering what issue is causing the light to flash and the best way to correct it.

Comments

• Yes, and from what I have researched the 5-1 code is telling you the main board fuse is burned out on the Air Bag Controller unit (blue box behind the a/c controls).

I have not felt like looking into a repair because I am too lazy to try to repair it. I thought about just replacing the controller but they are obsolete from Ford, and were VERY PRICEY. I have been told by Ford that the controller is the same as the 1992 Crown Victoria Air Bag controller though. Those can be found behind the passenger kick panel in Crown Vics from what I have also researched (but not confirmed yet).

I would hate to power the car down, replace the controller, power the car up and have a fault in the system deploy the air bag. I don't know if it could happen and don't wish to risk it.