No shortage of low miles cars lately

edited March 2012 in For sale/wanted
I used to think my 32k mile car was a real rarity. Lately it's just looking so-so.

I have to keep telling myself "I don't need another car" but with so much low hanging fruit it's hard not to lust for one.

Later this year I'll be moving some money around to pay for my daughters college. It's very tempting to shake the tree a little harder and see if another car falls out.

Comments

• Noticed that too. I still think it is the economy and everyone is having to justify keeping something they are not using much and that costs to keep it around.

For the same reason I just sold my 1976 MG Midget, 35,000 original miles and I was the 2nd owner. I was surprized though that it sold within 3 days of the ad. the guy didn't even try to bargain, bought it by the pictures, showed up the next day with cash and picked it up.
  • I do want another ultra low mile car someday (less than 15k). My theory is that the cars that are around right now that have less than 15k are probably not going to rack up a lot of miles in the next 5 years anyway. So, when I do decide to pull the trigger I should still be able to find one.

At least that's my theory.
  • I agree with your thinking. Enjoy the ride now and pick up a museum piece later if possible. I'm working on getting my '86 GT vert back into pristine condition so I can drive it around more and split the mileage between the two.