Trunk Carpet

edited November 2012 in Feature Mustangs
trying to find carpet for the trunk of my 93 canary car, found a site that sells carpets but not sure exactly what the "color" is, anyone know? or have a specific site with the correct carpet, also gotta find the tire cardboard piece

Comments

• I've thought about this for a day or so and I swear that I read or heard somewhere that convertible trunk carpet was a little shorter or made a little differently than coupe trunk carpet even though both started out as coupes. Maybe someone else can verify this.
  • That is something members that have Notchback and Convertible Mustangs could check easily, if their cars have empty trunks. If somebody has time they could remove the mat from their Notch and from their convertible and lay the vert mat over the Notch mat. It would be evident right away if they are different.
  • Years ago, I saw an ad in the local trader paper of a mustang being parted out with black interior. At the time I had a '93 coupe with black interior and was needing some air vents. So I called the number. Come to find out it was a '93 Yellow Limted Edition (not sure if it was a Y/B or Y/W, as interior was already gone) with 35K or so miles that was totaled out by a 16 year old new driver. The car was almost stripped when I got to it. I did pick up a few things, one of them being the trunk carpet. I think I still have it, but I'm not sure where. But I wouldn't be surprised if it got thrown away. If I remember correctly, it was dirty because the trunk lid was already gone. I'll look this weekend when I go to my parents house.

I also got some information from Ron about his experiences with the trunk carpet and this is what he had to say about.

"I ordered a replacement trunk mat thru one of the aftermarket suppliers that was supposed to be oem quality. The color was light gray almost silver and luckily they took it back as it didn't look like the factory one at all. I now have an extra one that I bought from a wrecking yard and never installed."

Hope this helps.
  • If you guys happen to have one available id be interested in purchasing an OEM one. if it's in alright shape
  • Did you ever find the trunk mat or cardboard piece for your car? I thought about seeing this when I was in a wrecking yard today on the first day of my vacation. There are about 6 or so Fox Body Mustangs in there, one Notchback, several Hatchbacks and one convertible. I saw some of the cardboard spare tire well covers, the mat I can't remember seeing.