Hello Everyone

edited November 2006 in Member introductions
Hi,
My story. I fell in Luv with the Fox bodies in 1986 while I was working at a Ford dealership in Georgia. A black 5.0 LX Hatchback came in and was still sitting on the truck when I bought it. We had driven it for 2 years and my wife loved it. We had to sell it when we decided to move back to Kansas and baby on the way and all that. I told my wife we would get another one.

Well 18 years and 3 kids later, our youngest, now 15 and is really into cars, want's to build a Hot Rod. All his buddies are talking Camero's. I told him lets do something different and build a Mustang. So that night he got on the internet and started looking. We weren't finding much so I told him to up the anty a little and see what popped up. Well we found our 1993 Yellow/ Black Feature Car. To be honest I knew about the GT's and Cobra's but not this car. The ebay auction had almost 3 days to go so I set out on the internet to find out more about the car. First I found YMR and through there I found Triple White Fox. Well by the last 24 hours the reserve had been met and I knew what I needed to know about the car. So on Monday morning I got up and was getting ready for work and decided to check on the bidding. It only had about 6 hours to go and only had gone up about $500, I thought to myself what the heck and put in a bid. Got home that night and had won the bid. Next came telling my wife. She took it really well. LOL We left that Friday to pick it up. We Luv the car and it being a Feature Car even makes it better. By the way we are still looking for a Fox body to build a Hot Rod for the boy. LOL
Take Care, Jerry

Comments

• Hi Jerry. Thanks for your post. Great story. I'm glad you found my site and it helped you in the process of buying the car! That's exactly what I hope for.

That's a great thing to do to keep your boy away from the other side. Just kidding. :D It's nice to hear that guys his age are still into american cars given that there is so much interest in imports today. I suppose you like your feature car too much to make it into the hot rod he wants. It's a great time to buy another fox body Mustang!

Thanks and welcome to the site.
  • I was looking at the "Where Are They" and found my car that I bought on line there. Very cool.
    Question: Why are some of the lines Highlighted in green?
  • In the Where are they? section Green = auction ended successfully (i.e. car sold). I sometimes keep more information on the car than is listed on that page. If you see it listed more than once, I can provide the details I have on the other listings. Also, if it has been added to my registry in the past I can provide some details about the last registration. Although, in order to maintain privacy, I never provide names and email addresses of registrants. I don't have the VINs of the registrants on my site but if you email me your VIN and I can tell you if I have ever come across the car before.