YB 5 Speed CHEAP - Get it while its still for sale! Craigslist S. Fla

edited May 2012 in For sale/wanted
Here is another one. I could grab the money out of the bank and go buy a third one, but.... http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/2966856213.html ....I already have two, why buy a third?????

Comments

• It must have sold, maybe to someone here, but the ad has been deleted by the author. I have a copy of the printed ad though. I was thinking about taking the ride next weekend if it was still on the market later in the week.
  • looked like a nice deal
  • So, I had e-mailed the seller back last weekend when his YB ad was deleted (as we had talked by phone and by e-mail) and got no response from him so I figured the YB had sold. I started searching around again to see what I could dig up and found another Limited Edition here in sunny Florida.

Well, I find what looks to be a factory 5 speed 7-Up convertible. I was making plans to go look at it tomorrow (4/27/12) after talking to the owner in depth about the car. He couldn't find the Buck Tag and I couldn't remember the door data label code for the 5 speed. So I start tossing around the idea of taking a 5 hour drive this evening with an overnight stay. I came home to feed the dogs and get some clothes together for the trip anticipating an overnight stay so I could be there first thing in the morning and then be back home at a decent time. I turn on the computer just to be sure I haven't received any IMPORTANT e-mails and what do I find?

The person with the YB 5 speed e-mailed me and told me he was so inundated with phone calls that he pulled the ad. He told me that everyone that has come to look at the car didn't appesr to be serious about buying it. Sounds like he has had the same experience that I had with hagglers, tire kickers, dreamers and joy-riders before I sold my 7-Up show car. Now the big decision, drive my life away this weekend and look at both, just go look at one (but which one?), or just dump the idea and look at none.
  • YB! Where do you live?
  • I think he had this for sale on and off a few times? I remember debating on calling on one with mach 1 wheels on it. Could have been a different one though, as I don't remember exactly where the ad was from. Unless someone here wants to sell one or I find an exceptional deal, I'm taming down until I get 2-3 of my other foxbody's done.
  • Well, I made it to Hallandale to look at the 5 Speed 7-Up convertible anyway. It is a true 5 Speed 7-Up http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/ctd/3019594979.html but I believe it is a little more than what I want in a car that needs some work. The price is still ok at $3,500.00 (when I looked at it) but I think I will pay bills before spending money on this one.

Now the Yellow/White Feature convertibles are popping up around Florida for sale. I have seen 3 of them listed on Craigslist today.