Beltline mouldings

On my 92 GT convertible, the passenger side beltline moulding behind the door has come /is loose. It can be raised about a half inch.
I am guessing either a clip has come loose or has broken off.
My question is....does anyone know hat holds this trim on? Is it a nut or bolt or as usual some kind of rivet?
Since the boot cover is fastened to this trim, it makes sense it should be tight and not moving around.
Any help would be appreciated. :(

Comments

• I think this is the part you mean?
    http://npdlink.com/store/index.php?mode ... lding&pg=2

The places I'm looking say look for a screw holding them in
    http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/ ... ce.823032/

The dew wipe (felt black part that wipes the rear 1/4 window) is riveted in I believe.
  • My 93- DRIVERS side and my- also 92 GT vert PASS side same way
  • There are three or four raised plastic molded sections that have threaded screw-like protrusions cast into the plastic assembly from what I remember seeing when I have parted out convertible GTs in the past. I believe age gets to the plastic and the tabs break off of the molding. I also believe to successfully remove these moldings the top has to be down to get to the nuts holding the moldings through the holes in the body of the car. The rear tacking strips may also have to be unbolted from the inside of the car. I have a few black moldings from the GT parts convertibles but they too have some of these retaining tabs broken off of them. Threads on these tabs also can get rusty or debris on them too and if anything binds when taking the molding nuts off of the studs the tabs break off.
  • Got it fixed.
    With the top down you can undo the part of the molding that hangs down. That gave me enough flexibility to lift the front part up to see what the problem was.
    There is a bolt fixed to the molding. The nut was missing. With a big washer and a replacement nut, I got it down tight again.
    See, if you ask enough questions, you can get some guidance which helps along the way.
    Thanks for the assistance everyone.