Marti reports for feature cars

edited June 2012 in Feature Mustangs
In case you were wondering (like me) about the stats on the Marti report, they are not reflective of the feature cars, but rather all mustangs built that year. Many of you knew that already, but I contacted Marti directly.

Here is my message:
I would like to order a report for my 1992 Ford Mustang (Red Feature edition). However, I have a concern about some of the information from reports I am seeing that others have ordered for these vehicles. Specifically, it is regarding the production numbers on the automatic vs 5spd manual transmission.

Your report says the production numbers for the manual (I'm assuming this is from the # with "these engine/transmission codes" section) is 1,722. The historic accepted number for the 1992 feature mustangs is usually around 1/3 of total production (2,193) or about 787. I'm curious about your breakdown of automatic vs 5spd manuals on these cars.

Their reply:
Stats are given for model (e.g. Mustang convertibles). It is NOT a stat for only the feature cars.

Of interest is that after the 787 5spd red 92's, there were less than 1000 manual LX verts built in 1992--that seems kind of rare in and of itself.

Comments

• Ooh. Neat. That's good to know.
  • I wondered the same thing too after I received my Marti report. I thought it would have just feature car production numbers. Not general production numbers.

On another note, I would love to get a detailed report on how many cars were produced with my specific feature car options and what sequence number my car was out of the 2,193 that were produced. I was hoping the Marti report would break that down but I guess that's a different report.