Hood alignment and cracked turn signals

edited July 2012 in Feature Mustangs
Any one else had problems with hood alignment and cracked marker lights? It appears to be a pretty common fault on 87-93 foxes. Where the lowest point of the hood overlaps the marker light black trim there is a tendency to get a chip out of the black trim when the hood is shut.

I've tried adjusting the bumpers but that does not seem to help. I'll need to replace a turn signal again now before the GN show in Oct.

Comments

• Mine also, chip in Black Trim. Took a couple hours to get hood aligned correctly. I used a 4 inch level & a Marble. Probably a little over kill.
  • Yeah my right inside light has a piece missing right where the hood meets the light. Probably a spot about 1-2" missing from the black trim around the light. This is the 2nd mustang that I have had this happen to. Must be a common occurrence. All the body lines line up correctly too. I need to fix this before I install new lights.
  • Same with mine, even broke my new one. Didn't know what caused it until I installed the new one. Played with the hood adjustment, finally figured it out, had to stretch the front lip of the hood forward, did it by hand, bends easier than you would think, actually lines up better with the bumper cover. If I adjusted it forward I had to much gap at the rear.
  • yep, had same problem, good thing is, my brother part's out mustangs, so i just made a trip to the basement and grabbed one, not sure if i have had the hood open/closed since then, lol
  • Car is going to the body shop on Monday. They said it would only be like two hours to adjust and replace my signal. I'm not confident that I could make the adjustments myself and as long as they have it I'll let them work on the light gaps too.

My drives side is good but the pas site gaps around the headlight are all off and the rubber insulator does not sit right.

Getting read for the GN in Sep.
  • Ended up having to take off the bumper and tweak the frame a bit. Now all the hood and headlight gaps are just right. The rubber around the passenger headlight could still fit better but it's a far sight better than it was. Hopefully no more cracked turn signals either.

While the bumper was off they even went the extra mile and cleaned and re-blacked my radiator. Now I need to find a way to keep the bugs out of it.