Carlisle All Ford Nationals June 6-8, 2008

edited March 2009 in Feature Events
So, we had such a success last year that I can't believe we haven't been talking about this year!

I propose the same thing as last year with a tent.

What does everyone think? Should we do it again?

Comments

• Man I would love to attend due to the fact that this is the true 15th birthday of the 93 features but we are going to the MCA Buckeye Nationals on June 20-22 and with all the expenses that go along with that we will only be able to attend one event. But to all of those that did not get to go in 07 by all means check it out. It was awesome. Best of luck with Carlisle 08. Chet and the gang.
  • Thinking about going again. This year I should not have a Saturday conflict!!

Are you thinking of using the club name again this year? It would be nice if we can all be in the same area again.
  • I just reserved a room at the Residence Inn in Carlisle and was lucky that I could use my Marriott points. 2 days only cost 28K points which is not bad considering it is a show weekend. Residence Inns are nice because you get more in your room (kitchenettes) whick helps with little ones. Normally they black out dates but I guess I am early enough that they are not at this point.

I have not signed up for the show yet. Will do that in the next few weeks.
  • Are you thinking of using the club name again this year? It would be nice if we can all be in the same area again.
    Sorry, I was just re-reading this thread and your latest post and just noticed this question. Yes, we are again using "TripleWhiteFox.com Feature Mustangs" for our club name. You probably already knew that already but I thought I should post it here just in case someone else has the same question.
    I just reserved a room at the Residence Inn in Carlisle and was lucky that I could use my Marriott points.
    I want to stay a little closer this year. Last year I was at the Holiday Inn in Mechanicsburg. A bit of a drive.

I just checked the rate for the Residence Inn and it came back at $269/night. Sounds like you are doing all right with your points.
  • Yikes. The studio was $199 which is still high but again the points were the key for me. Those years of travelling with my company and using Marriott exclusively are finally paying off. I still dont know why they did not black out that weekend, they normally would if there is something big going on.
  • My husband and I are going to Carlisle. I just bought a 93 Yellow and Black Feature. We picked up this weekend. We are trying to bring it.
  • My husband and I are going to Carlisle. I just bought a 93 Yellow and Black Feature. We picked up this weekend. We are trying to bring it.
    Hey welcome to the site. We also have a yellow/black feature and have had it for about 5 years. I took it to Carlisle last year and had a blast. Enjoy it. Chet
  • Thanks Chet! There are a couple things I want to do with it but overall its in pretty good shape. I am really looking forward to Carlisle.

Welcome! I do hope you decide to bring your feature car to Carlisle. The more the merrier!
  • Looks like I will make it to Carlisle on Friday. My car won't be ready- but I've taken the day off, and my husband and I will head up (only about 2 hours from me). I'm looking forward to seeing all of your cars! I've only seen one triple white in great shape (although mine should be there very soon :))
  • Awesome. Can't wait to see you there!
  • Im there! trying to bring the 92 feature and one of my birds.
  • Im there! trying to bring the 92 feature and one of my birds.

Very nice. Can I add you to my list of anticipated attendees ?
  • by all means yea!
  • Unfortunately, it looks like I will not be able to make it after all. After getting the car cleaned up and tuned up it turns out that overdrive is now nonexistent. I am very worried about driving the car that way. I had a 7 up car that the transmission completely went out in while I was driving on the interstate. I really don't want to do that again.
  • Unfortunately, it looks like I will not be able to make it after all. After getting the car cleaned up and tuned up it turns out that overdrive is now nonexistent. I am very worried about driving the car that way. I had a 7 up car that the transmission completely went out in while I was driving on the interstate. I really don't want to do that again.

That's too bad and I understand your concern about driving with a transmission problem.
  • I will be there sometime Friday. Looking forward to meeting with everyone again! :)

Ken
    92 Feature
  • I am looking forward to meeting everyone as well.

I will be there first thing on Friday.

There is still plenty of opportunity for others to join us. I told them 15 cars but I think we will be below 10. I'm hoping for some last minute additions. So, come on and join us!

Last year I had pretty good success at flagging down people who did not know about us and getting them to join us. I'll have to be doing that again.

And, if you can't bring your car but can still bring yourself make sure to stop by and say hi.
  • It was good meeting up with you guys this saturday!
  • It was good meeting up with you guys this saturday!

Yeah, it was nice to meet you too!

I just posted a write-up on the show here .
  • Nice write up!

Next step: Get a TWF tshirt! [B-)]
  • John, thank-you for this weekend!! I really appreciate all of your effort in getting us all together to display our cars. It is pretty cool to be able to hang out with people with the same cars and interest. Not many Features built to begin with, so to be able to pull us together in one area and get a nice line up of us is a pretty amazing sight.

Also thank-you for arranging the Tent again this year. With the heat wave I know I parked myself under it a few times to cool down. It is also nice to have a place that we can call our own. Not many clubs went the extra mile to order a tent.

MANY THANKS!!!! [=D>] [=D>] [=D>] [=D>] [=D>]
  • So, while this is still fresh in our minds I thought I would ask this question:

Should we petition for a "feature car" class for 2009? Heck, they added a class for 2001 & 2008 Bullitt Mustangs. On Saturday we had 8 cars plus there were 3-4 other feature cars/7-up cars around. That should have given us at least as many cars as the Bullitt class had although I didn't count them.

This might be a good time to do so since they have a post event survey online. I haven't filled it out but there must be a general comments field in there somewhere. Apparently, anyone can fill it out.

I'm sure there will be some resistance to add yet another Mustang class but it can't hurt to ask. What do you think?
  • Definitely let's ask. It can not hurt and looking at last year and this year, we have the cars. If there is a feature class they should get more in attendance which is a good thing for them.

Also last year they had us in their program with a little write up so that should help our case.
  • I thought I would bring this one back up now that we are a few months away from the 2009 show.

I actually just reserved a room at the Fairfield Inn in Carlisle tonight by using my Marriott points. They only wanted 15K points for 2 nights which is their entry points level which is great. Room rates were around $159.

How many cars can we get their this year? It was mentioned creating a feature class, let's look into it. Hopefully we can get alot of us there this year, it really is a great time looking at other features and talking about them all weekend.

Here is the link to the site:

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/
  • Yes, the time has come to start planning. Last week I had an email from the new Carlisle person who does club registrations with this years information. My plans are the same as previous years. We'll be there with a tent. I put together more information on this site in the near future.

I forgot about the feature car class. It would have been a good off-season discussion to have with them. I hope its not too late to introduce that topic. I just replied to the club contact to ask if she could point me in the right direction for getting consideration for a new class. I'll keep you informed on how that goes.
  • I've started a thread on 2009 Carlisle. Let's continue this there.