Should the forum topics be expanded

These forums have had a good level of activity for a while now and I have been wondering if the original forum topics areas that I originally laid out are too restrictive. For example, we just had a post on the 2010 Mustang which I don't mind at all but the question is - where should something like this go? I don't want to discourage posts that are not strictly feature Mustang related but by not having a place for them that might be exactly what is happening. In my mind any activity here is good activity.

The question I have been considering in the last of couple weeks is this -

Should we have a general Mustang discussion or even a general "off topic" discussion?

It's not that I want to encourage outrageous topics that can happen in OT discussions but we have a great community here and I'm sure we'd all like to share a little more with each other than our enthusiasm for our feature cars. The major thing that pleases me about these forums is that they require no moderation. I have never once had to close a thread or delete a post. I want to that to continue.

A valid answer to the above might be to just keep it the way it is. Maybe what makes this successful is that we are all here as purists to some degree and it's just not another Mustang forum. The OT stuff can still occur just in the way it has.

I'd love to hear any of your thoughts on this.

Comments

• Hey John I think it would be great to have an area for general discussion of our famed stang. I know that I have strayed off the path in the past with some of my comments in the forum area. Best of luck as always and thanks again for a great site! [B-)]
  • I think I am the one that started the 2010 Post, Sorry about that. ;)
    I dont think that we should add another thread box, I usually just look at the most recent threads and forget to look in the actual post area!

Just my .02!

Also,
    Could you add a chatbox or shout box? That would be cool.
  • I like the idea of an OT thread but would like to see it kept about Mustangs or Mustang related. Get enough of the other stuff on other sites.

Just like to relax and read about my favorite car. :D

Jerry
  • I think I am the one that started the 2010 Post, Sorry about that. ;)
    No need to apologize. I thought it was a good discussion.
    Also, Could you add a chatbox or shout box? That would be cool.
    Earlier this year, I read about a chat feature that sounded easy to add to my site. I never followed up on it, though. Are there any sites that have a shoutbox that you find valuable that I could see as examples of how/where they added it?
  • I like the idea of an OT thread but would like to see it kept about Mustangs or Mustang related. Get enough of the other stuff on other sites.

Just like to relax and read about my favorite car. :D

Jerry

That was the feeling I had, too. Enough other sites exist for other topics.

Thanks everyone for the input so far.
  • One of the sites I'm on has the shout box...which unfortunately gets pretty lame at the best of times. Chat only seems to work when there are enough folks around simultaneously to use it.

Just my $.02 (Cdn) :D
  • Here is one, And when I'm on the website there seems to be at least 2 others on at the same time..

www.Austinareastangs.com
  • Here is one, And when I'm on the website there seems to be at least 2 others on at the same time..

www.Austinareastangs.com

I poked around there for about five minutes and don't see it. Could it be that I would only see it if I register/log in?
  • Sorry, Try this link.
    http://www.austinareastangs.com/Forums/index.php

Its a cool site. A member has a 7-up and in the gallery youll see my car.
  • Sorry, Try this link.
    http://www.austinareastangs.com/Forums/index.php

Its a cool site. A member has a 7-up and in the gallery youll see my car.
    Checked out the site. There are some really sharp looking fox-bodys out there.
  • Yeah, Thanks that is one of our local clubs. Great group of people. You might of seen my ID name pop up somewhere, Its Rare_92 :D
  • Yeah, Thanks that is one of our local clubs. Great group of people. You might of seen my ID name pop up somewhere, Its Rare_92 :D
    I did see you on there. Like I said it looked like the fox bodies and s197's ruled the site. Take care.