Mustangs at the Mickyard - Aug 30-Sept 1, 2013

edited November 2013 in Feature Events
logo.gif

This isn't anything brand new to the table, but was wondering if anyone else here was planning on attending.

Held at Walt Disney World Speedway, Orlando, FL

Host Hotel: Coronado Springs Resort
Cost: $99/night
1-407-939-1020
Group #G0605618
*You are supposed to get 2 Free Disney Tickets if you stay at the Coronado Springs Resort using the group number.
*Not sure how many rooms are left, but you can call and find out. If there are no rooms available, you can stay at the Music, Movie, or the two other cheap Disney hotels for ballpark $84/night.

If anyone plans on driving down the east coast, let me know. I'm looking at two different options for travel down, but I'm certain I'll be driving back.

Comments

• We are thinking about going. Since my dad lives in Daytona we can visit and stay there and then drive over for the show. I don't really want to put those miles on the car for nothing so I think I will wait and see how I do at the GN show this year in Mustang OK. If I get a Gold here I'll probably make the drive to FL next year.
  • I WILL BE THERE,,, HAVE ROOM RESERVED ! YOUR CAR WILL DO WELL !
  • So, you pay for the hotel and the entry cost is covered?

I see nothing about the show details, cost, times or anything but a group peoples names on the website, and links with the e-mail addresses and the titles associated with the names on the website. The website leaves little to be desired regarding anything about the group, club, show or anything. It is disappointing to me.

So, have they held this before? Surely looks unprofessional.

Wow, I could drive there and back in a couple of hours (each way), but with no details (without having to contact someone and wait for a response) I can't consider it.

I have already received mail about another small local Humane Society all makes and models show and it has show information on the flyer.

Good luck to all that attend though.
  • We are thinking about going. Since my dad lives in Daytona we can visit and stay there and then drive over for the show. I don't really want to put those miles on the car for nothing so I think I will wait and see how I do at the GN show this year in Mustang OK. If I get a Gold here I'll probably make the drive to FL next year.
    Just do what I do... go to a show and have some fun! Then again, I always go the Display Only route. At the RI show, I saw some odd judging on some cars, so if you don't get a gold, get the judges sheet, then make the necessary corrections, and bring it!
    So, you pay for the hotel and the entry cost is covered?

I see nothing about the show details, cost, times or anything but a group peoples names on the website, and links with the e-mail addresses and the titles associated with the names on the website. The website leaves little to be desired regarding anything about the group, club, show or anything. It is disappointing to me.

So, have they held this before? Surely looks unprofessional.

Wow, I could drive there and back in a couple of hours (each way), but with no details (without having to contact someone and wait for a response) I can't consider it.

I have already received mail about another small local Humane Society all makes and models show and it has show information on the flyer.

Good luck to all that attend though.
    The website is only a placeholder. The information has not been made public yet, but I've already been in contact with the head person of the club putting it on and will be getting a lot of my own questions (as well as any others that I know people have) answered. In the middle of phone tag right now... lol! I got wind of this a few weeks before the official public announcement (January 4th). After the "host" hotel was made, Disney restricted the dates, only allowing registrations for rooms to start after April 23, 2012. This is why a few of us already have our rooms booked. Good thing because I found out at Carlisle that some folks tried calling to reserve rooms and they had already gone over the reserved limit, but still got in. If you're even thinking of attending, I'd get the hotel room ASAP!

The only "public info" on the show is the date and location. Even at the MCA shows, you get a "Save the Date" card with nothing more than that info on it (not even hotel info). As I find out more, I'll post it. As far as I can tell, especially with having to work with Disney and using their guidelines on promotional material and general location restrictions, they appear to be doing a well organized, professional job. Part of putting on these shows is working with the vendor location. As big as Disney is, I'm certain it isn't easy. Since we are closing in on the "one year away" mark, I'm sure we'll see a plethora of information coming out within the next couple of months.
  • Just another update for you guys...

I spoke with the show chair the other day and I must say, this is one show you will not want to miss. She told me that she only spilled the beans on a small percentage of activities and that alone was enough to convince me that this is going to an excellent time. You can tell they've already been working on this for well over a year already. Here is *some* of what I found out (stuff that is further along in the planning process).

Registration - Due to the MCA changes, registration will not be available until after mid-October.

Festivities During the Show:
    Richard Petty Driving Experience - 30% off NASCAR (both driving and riding), 10% off Exotics for attendees

Festivities "around show hours":
    Friday night - just keep it open, especially if you like food. ;)
    Saturday night - Since you'll receive free "after 4pm" passes, to help entice people to go to the parks, they are reserving a special area in Epcot with more food and fireworks.

If you are planning on staying a few extra days, they are also working on another event that all is invited to on Sunday and Monday.

I also noticed today that they changed their website a bit and added more place holders for information that will be made available soon.

Once again, mark your calendars! :)
  • THIS IS STILL "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" BUT I THINK ITS WORTH KEEPING IN MY FAVORITES !
    http://mustangsatthemickyard.com/
  • THIS IS STILL "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" BUT I THINK ITS WORTH KEEPING IN MY FAVORITES !
    http://mustangsatthemickyard.com/
    Looks like they changed it back to the construction page. Wonder why?
  • Registration is opening November 1st. Their website has been updated for the last few weeks and almost every time I check it out, I see more info rolling out (although not everything is pertinent to everyone). Check it out... http://www.mustangsatthemickyard.com

Look forward to an amazing set of pre-show activities the day before as well... ;)
  • JUST 306 DAYS AWAY ! I'M READY !
  • So am I!

Looks like registration is delayed to November 5th now. At least I'll be able to register at home now as opposed to being on the road!
  • I got up early to register,,,had to take a nap this afternoon ! I'll try again next Monday.
  • Monday it should be a go. The company who made their website in FL closed down for the hurricane, hence the delay.
  • Registration is up!

They have made the night festivities public now. Friday night is a BBQ buffet at the hotel. Saturday night will feature a "Dessert Party"/Ice-Cream Social-like event along in a VIP reserved area in Epcot. In this reserved area, there is special viewing of the fireworks. Other specifics about these events, I don't know yet.

BBQ is $42 per adult and $21 per child (age 3-9).
    Dessert Party is $34 per adult and $17 per child (age 3-9).

For those of you who want to do the Richard Petty Driving Experience, ONLY the ride-a-longs and thrill ride are available on the event registration. If you plan on driving the car, you must call the crew from the race track and book it yourself.
  • I'm registered!
  • I'm registered!
    Where will you be driving in from?
  • Northeast Alabama ! What will you be driving and where from ?
  • Well, I live in ME now but should be living in MA by the time the show rolls around. I'll be bringing an '88 SSP Mustang, originally a Florida Highway Patrol car, but it's not being restored back to one. I was working out a deal on a Canary Yellow just recently, but I knew I shouldn't spend the money before I move into a new career, as the last few months have been rough for me. So, if I have one by then, I may ask my parents to drive it down.

I'm hoping to convoy with a few Mustangs from the northeast. I'll have more stuff on my sites once a route is planned in a few months. Anyone who wants to join is more than welcome!
  • As of now we have two 92 Features one 93 yellow/black Feature and a 98 Cobra we will be driving down.One of the 92s is unrestore and the 93 is unrestored while my 92 is Concours driven. Its about 600 miles from where we live,,,but these 21/22 year old driven cars are getting old like me !
  • LOL! Sweet! I just put my car in as Display Only right now, although next summer it will be a fresh car.
  • Just a note that registration ends on July 31st.

FYI... I also got an e-mail today regarding having your Mustang transported as opposed to driving or trailering it...
    =====
    ENCLOSED TRANSPORT TO OUR SHOW NOW AVAILABLE:

Our new Cobra level sponsor has your transportation solution!

No overdrive? No problem! We've negotiated special discount rates with Passport Transport just for our Grand National Show! Passport Transport's modern fleet of enclosed transport vehicles means your Mustang is going to get the best care and is fully insured during transport with real-time online GPS tracking of your Mustang! With pickup locations across the country your worry free ride is just a phone call away, and if you have several friends or club members coming to our show consider the great "truckload" rate we've worked out. Truckload rates are good for six or more cars being picked up from the same location. So call your friends and get in on the best deal together to get to our show!

You can't get these rates by going to Passport Transport's website. You have to call direct! Grab your phone and call Derek Huntsman at Passport Transport at (417) 588-4937. Derek will be able to give you pickup and drop off dates for your location along with transport rates (with our 10% discount). Derek can also handle your truckload shipping requests too if you have at least six vehicles. See http://www.passporttransport.com for more details on their services.

Sample rates:

Dallas, TX to Orlando, FL $1,202.07

Charlotte, NC to Orlando, FL $1,014.70

Detroit, MI to Orlando, FL $1,223.08

We look forward to you and your car attending the 2013 MCA Grand National Show.

Sincerely,

Terry Blakely
    Mustangs at the Mickyard jtblakely@mustangsatthemickyard.com
    863-875-1961
  • About two months away!

As of right now, I will be bringing an SSP down, but not to the show. It will be going to a new home in FL. Because of this, I will be enjoying the show without a Mustang on the showfield. They are allowing other Ford powered vehicles to show since the showfield will be bigger than the show, so I'm toying around with some ideas.
  • I'm going ! Joe it looks you also,,, who else is the The Grand National ? I want a Micky Mouse trophy !
  • Those trophies certainly do look really cool! It will make a great conversation piece for sure. The only thing better would be having a photo of Micky giving it to you in the car... lol!

I'll make a point to find your car and head on over to meet you. This week I'll be determining what I'm doing in terms of for my business. Decided to opt out of a full vendor spot, but I may hang out at a certain spot in case people want quotes. I'll be working that out with the show staff this week I hope.

I hope to hear that others are going as well. This is going to be a huge show, as it is coupled with the Dream Cars Weekend, which is open to any make or model. I wouldn't be shocked if there were a few thousand cars there!
  • I'll be where ever they put old men in Concours Driven ! Hope to meet you there!
  • Well the 92 got another 1200 miles put on the odometer to Orlando and back. It was a great show at the Mickyard but HOT! Glad to meet and get a Feature cap from 5ptOjoe,, great guy!Oh buy the way I got a Gold Mickey and was surprised (Very Happy) to get a Concours Prestige 2013 MCA Grand National Award !
  • Well the 92 got another 1200 miles put on the odometer to Orlando and back. It was a great show at the Mickyard but HOT! Glad to meet and get a Feature cap from 5ptOjoe,, great guy!Oh buy the way I got a Gold Mickey and was surprised (Very Happy) to get a Concours Prestige 2013 MCA Grand National Award !
  • Joel (92LX) asked me to attach this for him. Wow, looks great and congratulations.
    You know, you can be honest with everyone and say how much of a pain I am! LOL! Thanks for the compliment and congrats once again! All of you guys need to come to Carlisle, PA sometime. You guys are just as wild and fun as us northeast folks! Are any or all of you going to NC for the 50th?
  • You are allright in my book! (but its only a small book) lol Wish we could have more sit down time but there was alot going on.Yes myself and the two brothers (Tim and Todd) are going to Charlotte in April, we are resistered and have booted a hotel!
    We all would love to come to Carlisle, the internet pics are allways great, but it;s a long drive for the old Fox!,,and my old self also.Speaking for myself John's website has made me strive to make my Feature Fox the best it can be.Thanks John! Hope to see you again in NC!