Tell us about yourself!

edited September 2013 in Member introductions
It is really good to see so many people register that I have met through my Web site. Many of you have told me much about yourselves, but, I just realized that you may not know anything about each other. So, I have started this forum to let everyone share some information about themselves. It can be anything you would like; how you became interested in Mustangs, a great story about your car, your other interests, etc. You can either post a new thread of your own or a response to mine.

Comments

• Hey thanks again for the great forum. My name is Chet Zeidler and my family and I reside in Northeast Indiana where this winter has been harder than most and I am a self proclaimed mustang nut. 1987-1993 model years. My wife and I have owned 4. 3 convertibles and 1 gt hatch that we have had longer than our children. The 1993 yellow feature that we just finished was one of the hardest projects to complete due to the scarcity of certian parts ie: black door panels, pony headrests, yellow horse floor mats and the like. If it wasnt for my wife and kids though this car would not have gotten done. And my sincere gratitude goes out to them. As most of us know this hobby is not cheap and I appreciate all of their sacrifices in order to get the car done. This summer will be our first to enjoy the car since we did not get it finished until this past fall and we are really looking forward to using it. Our plans are to attend a few local shows as well as the Shelby spring fling in Brown County Indiana. I also enjoy collecting late model literature and have quite the collection. I am always looking for neat and interesting items which have become harder and harder to find. Please feel free to email with any extras especially regarding the feature cars. Any extra magazine issues or dealer promo sheets would be awesome. Thanks again for the site and letting us voice our opinions on these great cars.
  • I'm also from Northwest Indiana, where abouts are you from? I live in Hobart, and have had a blast putting my 3 Features together. I enjoy the rush of taking someones forgotten Pony, and revitalizing it. I would love to see your car, and swap horror stories. I have several extra parts that I've accumulated from my journeys. E-mail me if you would like at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:grcamamy@mail.icongrp.com">grcamamy@mail.icongrp.com</a><!-- e -->. Can't wait for the weather to break, and hope to hear from you.
    Greg
  • Interesting reading about other peoples Stang addictions...Here's mine...

Pretty much every for as long as I can remember, I have loved Mustangs. I was just a child when they hit the streets, the first one rolled off the line 2 weeks before I turned 6... :D Since I was the oldest of 5 in an enlisted man's family, we never owned one, but I would look longingly at those beautiful cars as we passed them in our station wagon.

My first real brush with Stang's came when I was in HS, my boyfriend bought a '66 hardtop, and I spent many an hour either under the hood or riding shotgun while we cruised the local strip with our friends. I had always been mechanically inclined, would hand my Dad the tools he needed when he worked on his car when I was only a couple of years old. Nothing I love more than grease under my fingernails and the smell of a garage. After my boyfriend and I broke up, I bought a '68 hardtop of my own and loved it...

After that car was totaled (one of my little brothers took it for a joyride and drove it into a tree... :D ) , I went to the darkside for a bit and owned a few GM products...'72 Chevelle, '77 Transam, even an Opel GT. Didn't want to be disloyal, but the mid to late 70's were a dim time for Stangs, remember the Mustang II's?

Then I met my now ex husband and we began a family. For many years my transportation consisted of "kid friendly" autos. I missed my Stangs, but it is nearly impossible to get little ones out of the backseat of a 2 door.

Finally in '85, I scrounged up enough cash to purchase a '73 Mach One that I slowly restored. I loved that car, but it didn't have air, so after a few years I sold her. Still regret that decision :cry: .

Since that time, I have owned many Stangs, '86 GT vert, another '68 hardtop, '95 vert, '99 vert, and then an '01 GT vert, to name a few. The latest is the '93 white Feature that led me to this site.

A little bit about me, I'm 46, live in SC, have three kids, and 3 grands... :) The youngest is only 2 weeks old. I saw a bumper sticker one day that said "Grandkid's are God's gift to you for not killing your own kids" How true! Although none of my kids share my enthusiasm for Mustangs, my oldest granddaughter seems to be a "chip off the old block", and loves riding with her Meemaw in her hotrod Stang...

Hope to see some more posts in this thread sharing stories of love for Mustangs...

Sue [B-)]
  • Hey Greg thanks for the response. We live just north of Fort Wayne in the small town of Huntertown, good country livin...We belong to the Old Fort Mustang Club, it is an MCA affiliate and we have an annual show in July. I will get you the dates on it and email it to you. It would be cool to have a couple of features at the show. There are classes for all things Ford. As far as pics go I just sent some in on this site and they were posted last week. Check them out and let us know what you think. Take care... The Zeidlers.
  • hey people, i am new as well. I was driving and some guy stopped me and started talking about my car , he also turned me on to this site so i want to say thankx. I am a soldier and am deploying to Afgahnistan the first of the year. I am gonna miss my white horse. It is sweet to find out that I own one of the earlist prouduction feature stang. I have done some engine mods to my car that pegged 333 hp on a dyno. Most of my stuff is bolt on . I have found a police edition engine for 400 bucks in great condition that i am debating on using, Its stroked and borred and all that jazz. I put a new white top on her and she lookes great. It's incredible how people really look and stare at this car( i,m sure yall know) I also have installed a clarion audio pc . This unit runs on windows CE OS. It has navagation and even e mail . Well enough obout me , thanx for this tight site, go Army and God bless the USA.
  • atxjohnny6, Sorry it took me so long to respond to your post. I really try to actively participate here. My cable modem has been down, so, I have been accessing the Internet via dialup so I have kept my activity to the essentials.

Anyway, that's cool that someone referred you to this site. In this electronic age, it's amazing what word of mouth can still do. That audio PC sounds interesting. I am really into technology myself but so far haven't applied any to my cars.

Hopefully, you have enough free time to enjoy your pony before you leave. Do you have plans to put it into storage?

You have an honorable profession. It's good to know that our country is being protected by a feature car owner. I'll bet a lot of Mustang lovers have left their steeds behind. I hope that your time overseas is uneventful and you have a safe return.
  • My name is Sarah Neal and after searching the internet for a long time I stumbled on your website. I own a 93' triple white and am in the process of restoring it. My father bought the car from McGie Ford in Costa Mesa, California in October 1993. He drove it every day, rain or shine, back and forth to work for 10 years. On the weekend I, at the age of 16, would take the car cruising with my freinds. We would cruise Newport Beach, Huntinton Beach and all the way up to Hollywood and Malibu. My father and I call the car "our white pony" and the license plate reads RWHTPNY. I took over owner ship of the car in 2003 and have been restoring it little by little ever sence.
  • Hi Sarah,

I'm glad you found the site. Hopefully you will find it helpful as you are restoring your car. There are many helpful people that read this forum!

That's great that you took over the car from your father and are keeping it in the family.

I also see from your profile that you are in the military. You are the second member of this site serving our country. Cool. Go USA!!!
  • I've been browsing this site for a long time and just got around to registering my Triple White a couple of months ago. Now I suppose it's time to come out and say hi. My name's Ken Callen, living in Chesapeake, VA. I'm the original owner of my Feature Car (5 spd). In Sep 93, I was out looking for a used jeep when I saw the car on the showroom floor. I made the salesman move the other cars out of the way and take it outside so I could take it for a test drive. I ended up taking it home and forgot about the jeep. I' ve always been a Mustang fan, mostly 65-73, but had never heard of a feature car. The salesman never said anything about it being speciial either. It was until months later that I realized what I had. It was a daily driver for the better part of 10 years, and when my younger daughter turned 16, I let her have it for about a year and a half until she got her own car (big mistake). For the past couple of years, I've been bringing it back to life and now it's just an occasional weekend driver for both of my daughters to fight over someday when I'm gone. Besides the 93, I also have a 2005 and a 72 Sprint (one owner, 77K miles) that I just finished restoring.

On the personal side, I retired from the Navy a couple of years ago after almost 25 years, and now work as an analyst for an engineering firm that does testing and evaluation on military acquisition programs. I'm also on a reality tv show airing at the moment. If anyone has been watching The Real Gilligan's Island on TBS, that's me...one of the Skippers. You can go to the TBS website and follow the links to the show if you're interested in more info on that. Other than that, I'm glad to be here.
  • Ken,

I suspect that a lot of people are out there just browsing this site. I'm glad you joined in. That's a nice story about how you got your car. It must have been great when you realized your car was different from a standard LX 5.0 convertible.

I checked out your site. You have some cool toys (even those that aren't Mustangs!) I really like old video games and would like to own one some day. Your '72 is a really clean looking car. It's generally not my favorite body style but I like yours a lot!

I'll have to check out your show on TBS. I knew about it but previously wasn't that interested in it but now I'm willing to give it a chance.

Thanks again for sharing your story.

John
  • Hi Ken, Awesome cars. I agree with John, the Sprint isn't my favorite body, but I love the color of yours. I too have a 65, just a coupe though. What color is the 65? Looks to be Caspian blue-mines silver blue with white interior. Both my feature and 65 are going to a show this weekend, so I hope to get some good pictures. I'll send you some pictures if your interested. Just let me know.

Tom
  • The 65 is Caspian Blue...nice guess. It was just sitting up rusting away when I found it. The original interior was blue, and normally I like to keep things original, but since I had to completely redo the interior I decided to make it white, which really makes it stand out.

To be honest, the Sprint isn't exactly my favorite car either....I prefer the pre-71 bodies...but it was a one owner, all original, fairly rare car with only 77K miles going for $2600. I couldn't pass it up even though it was a PA car and there was a little rust to deal with along with a hideous, after market vinyl roof. I put probably $7K into getting it where it is now and, parting from original again, added the Magnum 500s and Goodyear RWL tires along with dual exhaust and performance mufflers to really set it off. Now that's it's finished I'll probably keep it a few months and then get rid of it and find something else. My dream Mustang (Shelby's and Boss's not included...too expensive) is a 69 Mach 1 Super Cobra Jet. But those are getting out of reach also.
  • Both are beautiful cars.

Funny, that a lady approached me at our clubs cars show and said she wanted to sell her 71 Boss. I didn't get her name, but refered her to our clubs web site and told her to put a post on it. I'll keep an eye out and see if she contacts us. I'll let you know how nice the car is.......and, if I don't snap it up for myself, :) , I'll let you know what she's got. She said she used to show it, but has gotten old and doesn't have time for it anymore. Let me know if you are interested.

Tom
  • Always interested in a Boss, even a 351, if the price is right. Unfortunately, it usually isn't, and if she used to show the car, I'm sure she knows what it's worth.
  • Hello, my name is Jeremy and I'm a proud owner of a 1993 Yellow Feature Mustang. The history of the car is a little vague but here it goes. My wife is that actual owner of the car but I consider it mine since she isn't that interested in it anymore so I mainly drive it.

She saw the car on the used car lot back in 97 or 98 and decided that she had to have it. Even if that meant financing it for 5 years :P

About a year later, I was working in a restaurant when I noticed this hot stang pull up. I had always been a huge fan of the fox mustangs and seeing this beauty roll up was incredible, especially considering it was the first of it's kind I have ever seen. Then this hot girl gets out of it. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. A hot girl with a hot car! She then walked in and asked if we were hiring. I had her fill out an application then took it to my boss. He didn't know if he wanted to hire her so I told him he has to. He asked me why since I had a girlfriend. I don't know why I kept telling him to hire her but it worked.

6 months or so went by and we ended up dumping our significant others and getting together. 6 years later, we are married and I got the hot girl and the hot car :lol:

Back to the car. A couple years after she had the car, a customer came to the hair salon where my wife works to get a haircut. SHe noticed the car out there and asked if it was someones here. My wife responded that it was hers. The lady then said that it was previously her car which was really cool. I can probably get a bunch more info from her if I can reach her again.

The car has been a daily driver ever since my wife has had it. Only modification is a moroso CAI. It has 115K miles I believe and the only major problem that it has had was a faulty alternator. Other than that and some minor electrical issues, the car has been extremely reliable. It definitely shows that it has been a daily driver though. Clearcoat is chipping off in numerous places and the driver side leather is torn.

I had an order for a 05 stang back in November but had to cancel when I lost my job. Once I can get my 05, I will put my baby either into a storage garage or if we ever get a bigger house, a third garage space where I can restore her back to her original glory.

Hopefully that wasn't too long :P
  • Hi Jeremy...Welcome to the site...You will find so much info here (Thanks John!!), plus it's nice to belong to a small community of Feature Car owners.

As for your post, it's definitely not too long, the story was rather enjoyable...

Fun to hear a story about how the guy got the girl, and the car, and all three are still together after 6 years... :)

Sue
  • Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for joining the forums! Thanks for your story, too. It was a good read.

John
  • Hey not too long at all.. As a fellow yellow ltd owner I know how it feels to see your ride slowly show its age. Hang on to it and you will see it back to its glory days once more.. Take care.. Chet and the gang....
  • My Name is Jennifer Killebrew, and I'm located in St. Louis, Missouri. I am a original owner of a 93 triple white mustang. The car was a honor roll graduation present from high school. The car has been with me through out the years and currently sits in a garage with a car cover over it. Seems like now when I take the car out for a cruise around town; I have people trying to buy the car from me, lol. A couple of years ago I took my car to the 35th anniversary of the Mustang, National MCA events and ended up wining! So far I'm up to 17 1st place trophies and still going strong. My love for the ford Mustang started when I got my drivers license. Back then I owned two of them at one time a 83 and the 93. Hopefully I can meet some of you at the events that are happening. In about 2 months I will finally graduate from college :) then I can return to spending time with my mustang again, lol. My email address is: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:kool93mustang@Hotmail.com">kool93mustang@Hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->

Take care, nice meeting all of you....

Jennifer Killebrew
  • Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for posting.

I should point out for everyone that Jennifer has contributed some of my favorite pictures to this site as well as some details on a current music video that has a triple white in it.

Thanks Jennifer!
  • Hello everyone. I am a newbie and John was kind and helped me with my recent Mustang purchase. My name is Rick and I live on my farm in Northcentral Missouri with my 2 dogs Tess and Looper( a female beagle....Tess is a Border Collie/terrior cross). Anyway I am older than pounded dirt and have always loved Mustangs. My daughter expressed interest in a 3d generation and I searched for months. I found a 93 that has 23K actual miles and I think was a good buy at 9.8K. I realize that you people are primarily interested in the special edition pony's but my (soon to be daughter's) vanilla is really neat. Now I will attempt to post some pics. Regards, Rick
  • Hey awesome 93. I own a 93 feature but the GT still looks awesome. Best of luck with it.
  • My name is Ryan and I am the proud owner of a 1992 Mustang "Feature Car". I am the third owner and the car has 14,500 miles on it. The original owner and I are penpals and I have met her once. SHe is a older lady that loved the car and her husband got it for her as an anniversary present. I am 16 years old and I plan on keeping the car all original and hopefully I can keep this car forever!

Thanks,
    Ryan
  • Sweet ride!
  • Hi there, I recently added a 1992 Vibrant Red Feature Stang to my collection.
    :D
    I currently also have a 1965 Mustang Coupe with 289 ( Ivy Gold color)

I also have a 2005 Mustang GT ( Black) that has been supercharged and modified.
  • Welcome to the site. Enjoy those stangs!!
  • Cool! Nice to find another one on the site! :)
  • Hey everyone, my name's Greg. I live in Austin, TX. I drive a "slightly modded" 93 reef blue hatch. It has a 308 with forged probe dishtop pistons, stock rods and ARP hardware. Has trickflow aluminum heads and trickflow stage 1 cam. BBK SSI upper and lower intake and 75 mm tb. It also has a vortech s-trim pushing 8 lbs of boost.
  • Hey welcome to the site! That Reef Blue is a sharp 1 year only color. In addition to our Yellow 93 Feature we also own a 93 Royal Blue GT hatch which is also a 1 year only color. Take care.
    Hey everyone, my name's Greg. I live in Austin, TX. I drive a "slightly modded" 93 reef blue hatch. It has a 308 with forged probe dishtop pistons, stock rods and ARP hardware. Has trickflow aluminum heads and trickflow stage 1 cam. BBK SSI upper and lower intake and 75 mm tb. It also has a vortech s-trim pushing 8 lbs of boost.
  • Welcome to the site! I, too, am a big fan of the reef blue Mustangs. I am a bit biased, though, as I own one of the very few unmarked Florida Highway Patrol SSP's in that color.