2010 All-Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA

2»

Comments

• I'll be posting updates on twitter. I can't promise how regular but I did do some today for the trip down.
  • Sweet!!! I didn't take picture driving down this year because I was too busy fighting the mosquito that bit my four times on the trip! LOL! See everyone tomorrow!!! Warning of rain and hail tonight... inspect your cars in the morning!
  • BRING ON THE HEAT!!!! Washed up the Feature last night and gave it a little Zanio. Not as much time on it as I had hoped but life/job keeps getting in the way lately!!!

Regardless she is ready to go, my 5 yr old son has been talking about the trip for weeks, and in the next 2 hours we will be packed up and ready to head down the highway!!

See you all there this afternoon!
  • Hey John, thanks for the Twitrpics.

Hope you all are having a great time.
    Jerry
  • Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Really hated not being able to attend. Enjoy!!!
  • Glad to see several of you again at Carlisle! I missed John and Mike by minutes today! I wish all who attended a safe trip back! Great to meet some new folks I didn't meet last year!
  • Great time as always. Too bad the weather was changing for the worst today (Sunday), but it allowed us to get home at a decent time.

It was nice to meet some new members this year and looking forward to the continued great conversation here on this site.

As always, John did a great job and thank-you for all of your help getting us together this year.
  • It was great finally meeting everybody! I also showed up on Sunday at the same time as Joe and missed John and Mike by a few minutes. I hope you guys had a safe trip home.

I am already looking forward to next year. I assume there is no need to suggest continued rental of the tent...
  • Did anybody else pick up one of the 5.0 posters Ford was giving away at their display?

I was in a hurry when I picked it up and I didn't even notice until I just unrolled it here at home that there was not one but TWO feature cars on it! A Vibrant Red 92 and a Canary Yellow 93! Awesome!
  • It was great finally meeting everybody! I also showed up on Sunday at the same time as Joe and missed John and Mike by a few minutes. I hope you guys had a safe trip home.

I am already looking forward to next year. I assume there is no need to suggest continued rental of the tent...

Sorry we missed you guys. our intent was to stay until 12/1. Mike and I bailed early because of the forecast. The Carlisle Events people came through warning us of high winds coming through. We thought we could keep between the storms but ended up driving about 2 hours in the rain through PA and into NY. There were a bunch of spin out accidents that we passed by. One looked like it involved a couple of fox bodies.

I hit a bird along the way. I thought I missed it and it went over my car but I did hear a slight thump. Later, Mike informed me that he saw feathers. I think it hit my top but, thankfully, can't find any damage.
  • Great time as always. Too bad the weather was changing for the worst today (Sunday), but it allowed us to get home at a decent time.

It was nice to meet some new members this year and looking forward to the continued great conversation here on this site.

As always, John did a great job and thank-you for all of your help getting us together this year.
    It was my pleasure to put this together. We will be doing it again next year. I can't imagine doing this without the tent. It either keeps us out of the sun or the rain. I really appreciate everyone that attended. We have a great group of people here and I look forward to seeing you each year and meeting new people. I have a bunch more pictures than what I posted on twitter and plan a writeup in a couple of days.
  • Thanks again John for orgnazing everything. I had a really good time.
    We had planned to come back to the show on Sunday but with the bad weather we decided just to head home. We made it back about 20 mins before the storms showed up.
    I am glad you guys made it home safely.
  • Thanks again John for orgnazing everything. I had a really good time.
    We had planned to come back to the show on Sunday but with the bad weather we decided just to head home. We made it back about 20 mins before the storms showed up.
    I am glad you guys made it home safely.
    I'm glad to hear you beat the rain.

I have posted my write-up. I hope to make some pictures available soon.
  • LOL! I just picked my wife up from the airport. She had been in Harrisburg for a week to visit her Grandfather and goto the Pocono race. She mentioned that she saw fox bodies everywhere. We did not realise that Carlisle was so close to Harrisburg!

I guess that means that next year I will drive the trip white to Carlisle. Hopefully the event coincides with the Pocono race again.