From the archives - Win this car!

edited March 2015 in Feature Mustangs

From my archives, this is from a contest that was run by Nationwide Long Distance, a telecommunications company. This image appeared on the contest entry box and pictured two stock Ford images one being a 1993 canary yellow feature car.

The fine print -
*$50,000 CASH GIVEAWAY. The $50,000 cash giveaway consists of four (4) free drawings, $12,500 each, or a new car or truck values at $15,000 (MSRP). One (1) drawing every 90 days. See back of entry form for details.
So, a winner couldn't actually get the feature car pictured (maybe the truck, though). Still, it was a great way to get attention. See below for more images of the box.

See the full post for additional pictures

Comments

• That is pretty cool! Only thing I hate about the original Canary Yellow photos are those darn silver wheels!
  • Yes, but, it's a good reminder that those chrome wheels almost didn't become a reality. It is my understanding that production problems with the chrome wheels almost killed them and it wasn't worked out until the last minute. This was almost the car we got.
  • Great Promo!!!
  • I just posted a Part 2 to this - back in the day a contest from KISS 98.5 in Buffalo, NY offering a chance to win $10,000 in cash and a Limited Edition Mustang Convertible.

See the full post for more information
  • Another cool piece of art!
  • I remember Terry McCoy doing an article years ago in Mustang Times about these promo cars....really neat. I wonder how you could track down whom ever won any of them..